Are you looking for a way to get a cleaning job in the United States?
If yes, then a visa sponsorship is what you need right now.
With a visa sponsorship, you can get a chance to work in the US and yet be sponsored to get a free visa to travel to the United States.
However, be sure to read the entire article, to get every info you need on Housekeeping Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship.
You can look out for Software Engineering Jobs in USA here. You can also get College Online Courses that Qualifies you for Job Visa Sponsorship to the US, UK, And Canada Here.
Hence, without delay let’s get started.
Housekeeping Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
Many individuals have left their home country and immigrated to the United States with little or nothing spent.
However, a housekeeping job in the USA with Visa sponsorship is worth time and attention.
Hence, with proper documentation and qualification, it is straightforward to get a job in the U.S.
You can also look out for Hotel Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship here.
Who is a Housekeeper?
A housekeeper is a person responsible for the supervision of house cleaning staff.
In most cases, they perform duties like; cleaning and maintaining private households or commercial establishments, such as hotels and hospitals, in a clean and presentable manner.
You can look out for Jobs for Truck Drivers in USA with Visa Sponsorship here.
What is Housekeeping Jobs?
Housekeeping jobs are out by housekeepers, who are responsible for cleaning and reporting any safety danger to the homeowner or manager in charge.
In other cases, they perform duties like; making beds, replenishing linens, cleaning rooms and halls, and vacuuming.
Jobs Visa Sponsorship for Housekeepers
A foreigner that wants to get a housekeeping job, must be sure to make an application and also be sure to be given the job before you apply for a visa.
Hence, in a country like the United State, a housekeeping job is an important sector of its economy.
On the other hand, Visa sponsorship is when an employer is willing to get a work visa for a qualified candidate who lives outside the United States.
H1 Visa Sponsorship for Housekeeping Jobs in the USA
This is a short-period visa category that permits employers to appeal for educated foreign professionals to work in specialty occupations.
Hence, this requires at least a bachelor’s degree or similar.
In another word, an H1 Visa is a visa that allows employers to hand out a paid visa to a foreign employee.
However, the visa will be given to the foreigner by the embassy only if he/she promises to return to his her home country at the completion of his duty.
You can look out for Caregiver Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship here.
How to Get an H1 Visa Sponsorship in the USA
If you want to get an H1 visa, there are procedures you must follow.
However, follow these steps below to get an H1 visa sponsorship:
- First, lay out a good CV and make an online written job application letter that will please US employers.
- Then, utilize the internet platform and any social media platform to search for a suitable job you will like to do.
- Apply for it online and wait for a response from the company you applied to.
- Hence, if you are lucky, you will be called for an online interview and your employer will have to review the job description to ensure it qualifies as a specialty occupation.
- After that, your employer will determine the rate of pay for the position, hence this is done by a formal discussion between you and your employer.
- Once it is done, your employer will notify the US workforce.
- Then, he or she (the employer) will submit a labor condition application to the DOL for certification.
- In addition, he or she will state an appeal to the US embassy for Visa.
- After that, you will be instructed by your employer to apply for a visa at an embassy in your home country.
See the step by step on how to Apply for a Visa – US Visa Application Guide.
Housekeeping Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship Application
American companies may appeal to sponsor foreign workers and provide them with the necessary lawful permanent resident status, commonly known as a green card.
Hence, there is no guarantee, that having a green card will make you become a US citizen as a housekeeper.
However, you can take the first step by getting a free visa and a good-paying housekeeping job.
You can look out for Graphic Designer Job in USA here.
How to Apply for Housekeeping Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
Applying for a U.S job is very easy as a foreigner, and the interesting part is that you will also get a good-paying job and a free visa.
However, you can benefit from this only when you’ve applied for a job and have been offered a job in your name.
Hence, follow these steps below to apply for a housekeeping Job in USA:
- First, ensure you are qualified for the job.
- Layout an organized CV and application letter.
- Utilize the internet and any online platform such as LinkedIn and others to search for a US job you will like.
- Then, wait for the employer to access your document and if it is ok by them, you will be sent a job offer.
- Then, the employer will have to make a job appeal to the USICS and US labor market institute for certification.
- After that, you will be prompted to apply for a visa with the job offer letter sent to you in your name.
You can look out for Mechanic Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship here.
Housekeeping Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship Interview Questions
You must undergo an online interview to be successfully employed.
Hence, if you pass the interview, your visa sponsorship is guaranteed.
However, below are some questions that will help you pass the interview, they are:
- Why do you want to work as a housekeeper?
- What cleaning chemicals are you familiar with?
- Tell us about a time you benefited from constructive criticism.
- Explain what you would do if a client were dissatisfied with your work.
- Are you able to complete multiple housekeeping tasks in a day?
If you can answer the above question very well then you will be above your competitors.
See the simple step to Warehouse Worker Job Description Here.
How to Get a Job with Visa Sponsorship
It is possible to get a visa sponsorship to the US.
Hence, follow these steps below to get a job via visa sponsorship:
- Search for a job in the H1B Visa sponsorship Database.
- Apply for the Job and Get an offer.
- Find an internship.
- Look for Boutique consulting companies.
- Look for Global Consulting Companies.
- Find a Job at US University.
With the above, you will be able to get a job with visa sponsorship for free.
You can look for the latest Job here on these Best Job Search Engine Sites.
Types of Housekeeping Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
There are different types of housekeeping jobs in the United State with visa sponsorship.
Hence, you must meet the requirements for the job to be given to you.
Some of these requirements include:
- a high school diploma or equivalent
However, below are some of these housekeeping jobs they are:
- Cleaner or maid
- Live in housekeeper
- Live out housekeeper
- House manager/ housekeeper
- And housekeeper cleaning companies.
Cleaner or Maid
A cleaner or maid runs the basic cleaning service.
Hence, they may be used in more commercial cleaning areas, or end-of-tenancy cleans.
However, in a private home, they are used for short visits and these can be regular but they are rarely full-time for one property.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms, and other work areas so that health standards are met.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
- Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts.
- Run errands such as taking laundry to the cleaners and buying groceries.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Polish silver accessories and metalwork such as fixtures and fittings.
- Remove debris from driveways, garages, and swimming pool areas.
- Sort, count, and mark clean linens, and store them in linen closets.
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
- Deliver television sets, ironing boards, baby cribs, and rollaway beds to guests’ rooms.
- Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
- Hang draperies, and dust window blinds.
- Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses.
- Prepare rooms for meetings, and arrange decorations, media equipment, and furniture for social or business functions.
- Wash dishes and clean kitchens, cooking utensils, and silverware
This is a well-known type of housekeeping service.
They can be a full-time or part-time member of staff that works for the property and as part of the package, they are provided accommodation.
- Care for children and/or elderly persons by overseeing their activities, providing companionship, and assisting them with dressing, bathing, eating, and other needs.
- Making the beds
- Vacuuming floors
- Cleaning bathrooms
- Cleaning the kitchen.
- Oven cleaning
- Cabinet cleaning
- Window washing
- Doing the dishes
- Taking out the trash
- Surface polishing
- Closet organizing
- Laundry and ironing
- Cleaning rugs and draperies
- Dusting surfaces
- Sweeping and mopping floors
- Keeping the kitchen well-stocked.
- Taking care of pets
- Running errands
- Planning meal menus
- Disinfecting items with specialized sterilizers.
House Manager/ Housekeeper
Here, they can provide extra house management support.
They include; admin, managing contractors, managing household routes or schedules, and also ensuring that the properties are well cared for.
In some cases, they also perform regular housekeeping duties.
- Purchase or order groceries and household supplies to keep kitchens stocked, and record expenditures.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
- Assign duties to other staff and give instructions regarding work methods and routines.
- Request repair services and wait for repair workers to arrive.
- Observe precautions required to protect hotel and guest property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
- Plan menus, and cook and serve meals and refreshments following the employer’s instructions or own methods.
- Answer telephones and doorbells.
- Monitor all the daily operations of the housekeeping department, including the cleanliness of all guest rooms and public areas daily
- Lead, hire, and train hotel housekeeping staff to adhere to our high standards of cleanliness and customer satisfaction
- Oversee the housekeeping department budget, take inventory, and ensure there is a stock of adequate cleaning supplies
- Document areas cleaned by room attendants and report any issues such as room damage or maintenance requests to the front office
- Ensure all cleaning equipment is in proper working condition and make arrangements for repairs as needed
- Recommend new equipment and amenities to ensure safety and service objectives
- Supervises the arrangement of premises for public meetings and special events by directing the movement and placement of seating and other equipment as specified by the event coordinator
- Conduct daily and weekly staff meetings with “lead” staff members’ general event staff
- Compile and communicate requirements to various departments
- Promotes housekeeping quality initiatives by conducting inspections
Housekeeping Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship Requirement and Skills
There are certain requirements for becoming a housekeeper. These requirements include:
- Availability to work night, weekends, and holidays.
- Eye for details and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Positive, engaging personality and professional appearance.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Proven working experience as a cleaner.
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery.
- Highly responsible and reliable.
- Familiarity with material safety data sheets.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Familiar with material safety data sheets.
Hence, you have to meet up with these requirements to be qualified as a housekeeper.
Housekeeping Job in the USA with Visa Sponsorship Responsibility/ Duties
Below are the duties of a housekeeping job in the U.S, they are:
- Clean, stock, and supply designated facility.
- Make adjustments and minor repairs.
- Assists other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities.
- Responsible for all basic cleaning in and around the residence or office buildings.
- Vacuums, empty trash and replace, liners.
- Transports dirty lines to the correct areas to be cleaned and restocks areas with clean lines.
- Sets up, stocks, and maintains cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Cleans restrooms, including restocking dispensers, emptying trash, cleaning and sanitizing fixtures, cleaning marries, spot cleaning portion doors and walls.
Benefits of Housekeeping Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
Being a housekeeper comes with lots of benefits.
Hence, below are some of the benefits of having a housekeeper, they include:
- Guarantees a thorough, deeper, and far more intense cleaning
- Gives you much-needed peace of mind
- Ensures you are comfortable and lastly a clean environment and happy environment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
How much are housekeepers paid in the USA?
An average Maids and housekeepers make a salary of $26,220 per year.
However, the best-paid 25% make about $31,320 a year.
While the lowest-paid 25% makes $22,230 per year.
How much is a cleaner Paid per Hour?
A cleaner is paid about $19 to $20 per hour.
Hence, they are given the chance to live comfortably as well as other benefits.
How can I work in the US without Sponsorship?
Yes, it is possible to obtain a work visa without sponsorship from an employer in the United States.
Hence, there are visa types that allow this, and they are known as EB-1, 0-1, and EB-5.
Do US Companies Sponsor Visas?
The United State Citizenship and immigration service approve American companies to sponsor foreigners.
However, companies who are having trouble filling roles in their business often turn to sponsor a foreign worker by use of the H1B visa.
When should I ask for Visa Sponsorship?
It depends on the relationship you have built with your potential employer.
Hence, if you are not getting sponsorship is much important to bring it up early in the hiring process.
However, it has been stated clearly by the US authorities, that you are only allowed to ask visa when you have gotten a job offer in your name.
Which Country gives a work Visa without a Job Offer?
There are a few immigration countries that offer PR without job offers.
Some of these countries are; Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
Hence, for Canada, apply to the Federal Express Entry system of immigration and submit an EOI (expression of interest).