Are you looking for a way to get a cleaning job in the United States?
If yes, then a visa sponsorship is what you need right now.
With a visa sponsorship, you can work in the US and receive a free visa to travel to the United States.
However, be sure to read the entire article to get every piece of information you need on housekeeping jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship.
You can look out for software engineering jobs in the USA here. You can also get college online courses that qualify you for job visa sponsorship in the US, UK, and Canada here.
Hence, without delay, let’s get started.
Housekeeping Jobs in the USA with a Visa Sponsorship
Many individuals have left their home country and immigrated to the United States with little or nothing spent.
However, a housekeeping job in the USA with Visa sponsorship is worth time and attention.
Hence, with proper documentation and qualifications, it is straightforward to get a job in the U.S.
You can also look out for hotel jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship here.
Who is a housekeeper?
A housekeeper is a person responsible for the supervision of house cleaning staff.
In most cases, they perform duties like cleaning and maintaining private households or commercial establishments, such as hotels and hospitals, in a clean and presentable manner.
You can look out for jobs for truck drivers in the USA with visa sponsorship here.
What are housekeeping jobs?
Housekeepers perform cleaning duties and are in charge of alerting the homeowner or manager to any safety hazards.
In other cases, they perform duties like making beds, replenishing linens, cleaning rooms and halls, and vacuuming.
Visa Sponsorship Jobs for Housekeepers
Before applying for a visa, a foreigner who wants to get a housekeeping job must ensure that they make an application and are given the job.
Hence, in a country like the United States, a housekeeping job is an important sector of its economy.
On the other hand, visa sponsorship is when an employer is willing to get a work visa for a qualified candidate who lives outside the United States.
H1 Visa Sponsorship
This is a short-period visa category that permits employers to appeal for educated foreign professionals to work in specialty occupations.
Hence, this requires at least a bachelor’s degree or something similar.
In other words, an H1 visa is a visa that allows employers to hand out a paid visa to a foreign employee.
However, the embassy will only grant the foreigner a visa if he or she agrees to return home after performing their duties.
You can look out for caregiver jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship here.
How to Get an H1 Visa Sponsorship in the USA
If you want to get an H1 visa, there are procedures you must follow.
However, follow these steps below to get an H1 visa sponsorship:
- First, lay out a good CV and make an online, written job application letter that will please US employers.
- Then, utilize the internet and any social media platforms to search for a suitable job you would like to do.
- Apply for it online and wait for a response from the company you applied to.
- If you are lucky, the employer will call you for an online interview and review the job description to ensure it qualifies as a specialty occupation.
- After that, your employer will discuss and determine the rate of pay for the position with you.
- Your employer will notify the US workforce once they have completed it.
- Then, he or she (the employer) will submit a labor condition application to the DOL for certification.
- In addition, he or she will state an appeal to the US Embassy for a visa.
- After that, your employer will give you instructions on how to apply for a visa at an embassy in your home country.
See the step-by-step guide to how to apply for a visa in the US Visa Application Guide.
Visa Sponsorship Opportunities
American companies may appeal to sponsor foreign workers and provide them with the necessary lawful permanent resident status, commonly known as a green card.
Hence, there is no guarantee that having a green card will make you a US citizen as a housekeeper.
However, you can take the first step by getting a free visa and a good-paying housekeeping job.
You can look out for graphic designer jobs in the USA here.
How to Apply for Housekeeping Jobs in the USA with a Visa Sponsorship
Applying for a U.S. job is very easy as a foreigner, and the interesting part is that you will also get a good-paying job and a free visa.
However, you can benefit from this only when you’ve applied for a job and have been offered a job in your name.
Hence, follow these steps below to apply for a housekeeping job in the USA:
- First, make sure you meet the qualifications for the job.
- Lay out an organized CV and application letter.
- Utilize the internet and any online platform, such as LinkedIn and others, to search for a US job you would like.
- Then, wait for the employer to access your document. If they approve, you will receive a job offer.
- Then, the employer will have to make a job appeal to the USICS and US Labor Market Institute for certification.
- After that, you will receive a prompt to apply for a visa using the job offer letter sent to you in your name.
You can look out for mechanical jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship here.
An online interview is required for successful employment.
If you pass the interview, we guarantee your visa sponsorship.
However, below are some questions that will help you pass the interview. They are:
- Why do you want to work as a housekeeper?
- What cleaning chemicals are you familiar with?
- Tell us about a time you benefited from constructive criticism.
- Explain what you would do if a client were dissatisfied with your work.
- Are you able to complete multiple housekeeping tasks in one day?
If you can answer the above question very well, then you will be above your competitors.
See the simple steps to the Warehouse Worker Job Description here.
How to Get a Job with a Visa Sponsorship
It is possible to get a visa sponsorship to the US.
Hence, follow these steps below to get a job via visa sponsorship:
- Search for a job in the H1B Visa sponsorship database.
- Apply for the job and get an offer.
- Find an internship.
- Look for boutique consulting companies.
- Look for global consulting companies.
- Find a job at a US university.
With the above, you will be able to get a job with visa sponsorship for free.
Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
There are different types of housekeeping jobs in the United States with visa sponsorship.
Therefore, you must meet the job requirements.
Some of these requirements include:
- a high school diploma or equivalent
However, below are some of these housekeeping jobs:
- Cleaner or maid
- Live as a housekeeper.
- Live-out housekeeper
- House manager/housekeeper
- and housekeeping cleaning companies.
· Cleaner or Maid
A cleaner or maid runs the basic cleaning service.
Therefore, they can be utilized in commercial cleaning areas or for end-of-tenancy cleans.
However, short visits are common in private homes, but they are rarely full-time for one property.
- Ensure that health standards are met by cleaning rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms, and other work areas.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
- Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies using wheeled carts.
- Run errands such as taking laundry to the cleaners and buying groceries.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Polish silver accessories and metalwork, such as fixtures and fittings,
- Remove debris from driveways, garages, and swimming pool areas.
- Sort, count, and mark clean linens, and store them in linen closets.
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
- Deliver television sets, ironing boards, baby cribs, and rollaway beds to guests’ rooms.
- Disinfect equipment and supplies using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
- Hang draperies and dust window blinds.
- Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses.
- Prepare rooms for meetings and arrange decorations, media equipment, and furniture for social or business functions.
- Wash dishes and clean kitchens, cooking utensils, and silverware.
· Live-in Housekeeper
This is a well-known type of housekeeping service.
Staff members who work for the property can be either full-time or part-time and are provided accommodation as part of their package.
- Care for children and/or elderly persons by overseeing their activities, providing companionship, and assisting them with dressing, bathing, eating, and other needs.
- Making the beds
- Vacuuming floors
- Cleaning bathrooms
- cleaning the kitchen.
- Oven cleaning
- Cabinet cleaning
- Window washing
- Doing the dishes
- Taking out the trash
- Surface polishing
- Closet organizing
- Laundry and ironing
- Cleaning rugs and draperies
- Dusting surfaces
- Sweeping and mopping floors
- Keeping the kitchen well-stocked
- Taking care of pets
- Running errands
- Planning meal menus
- disinfecting items with specialized sterilizers.
· House Manager/Housekeeper
Here, they can provide extra house management support.
These responsibilities include administering tasks, overseeing contractors, managing household routes or schedules, and ensuring the properties are well cared for.
In some cases, they also perform regular housekeeping duties.
- Purchase or order groceries and household supplies to keep kitchens stocked and record expenditures.
- Replace the light bulbs.
- Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
- Assign duties to other staff and give instructions regarding work methods and routines.
- Request repair services and wait for repair workers to arrive.
- Observe the precautions required to protect hotel and guest property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
- Plan menus, and cook and serve meals and refreshments following the employer’s instructions or own methods.
- Answer telephones and doorbells.
- Monitor all the daily operations of the housekeeping department, including the cleanliness of all guest rooms and public areas.
- Lead, hire, and train hotel housekeeping staff to adhere to our high standards of cleanliness and customer satisfaction.
- Oversee the housekeeping department budget, take inventory, and ensure there is a stock of adequate cleaning supplies.
- Document areas cleaned by room attendants and report any issues, such as room damage or maintenance requests, to the front office.
- Ensure all cleaning equipment is in proper working condition and make arrangements for repairs as needed.
- Recommend new equipment and amenities to ensure safety and service objectives.
- directs the movement and placement of seating and other equipment as the event coordinator specifies to prepare the space for public meetings and special events.
- Conduct daily and weekly staff meetings with “lead” staff members’ general event staff.
- Compile and communicate requirements to various departments.
- promotes housekeeping quality initiatives by conducting inspections.
Requirements and Skills
There are certain requirements for becoming a housekeeper. These requirements include:
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Eye for detail and understanding of drink-mixing tools and techniques
- exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic math and computer skills
- Positive, engaging personality and professional appearance
- strong task- and time-management abilities.
- Proven working experience as a cleaner
- ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery.
- highly responsible and reliable.
- familiarity with material safety data sheets.
- knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Familiarize yourself with material safety data sheets.
To qualify as a housekeeper, you must meet these requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
Below are the duties of a housekeeping job in the U.S.:
- Clean, stock, and supply designated facility facilities.
- Make adjustments and minor repairs.
- assists other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities.
- responsible for all basic cleaning in and around the residence or office buildings.
- Vacuum, empty trash, and replace liners.
- transports dirty lines to the correct areas to be cleaned and restocks areas with clean lines.
- sets up, stocks, and maintains cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Cleans restrooms, including restocking dispensers, emptying trash, cleaning and sanitizing fixtures, cleaning marries, and spot cleaning portion doors and walls.
Being a housekeeper comes with lots of benefits.
Hence, below are some of the benefits of having a housekeeper; they include:
- guarantees a thorough, deeper, and far more intense cleaning
- It gives you much-needed peace of mind.
- ensures you are comfortable, and lastly, a clean and happy environment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
How much are housekeepers paid in the USA?
An average maid and housekeeper make a salary of $26,220 per year.
However, the best-paid 25% make about $31,320 a year.
while the lowest-paid 25% makes $22,230 per year.
Cleaners are paid per hour. What is their hourly rate?
Employers pay cleaners approximately $19 to $20 per hour.
Therefore, they receive the opportunity to live comfortably and enjoy additional benefits.
How can I work in the US without sponsorship?
Yes, it is possible to obtain a work visa without sponsorship from an employer in the United States.
Hence, there are visa types that allow this, and they are known as EB-1, 0-1, and EB-5.
Do US companies sponsor visas?
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Service approves American companies to sponsor foreigners.
However, companies that are having trouble filling roles in their business often turn to sponsoring a foreign worker through the H1B visa.
When should I ask for a visa sponsorship?
It depends on the relationship you have built with your potential employer.
Hence, if you are not getting sponsorship, it is very important to bring it up early in the hiring process.
However, the US government has made it clear that you can only apply for a visa if you have received a job offer in your name.
Which country gives a work visa without a job offer?
There are a few immigration countries that offer PR without job offers.
Some of these countries include Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
Hence, for Canada, apply to the Federal Express Entry system of immigration and submit an EOI (expression of interest).