In this article, we will be listing some available graphic design jobs in the USA.
That’s not all; we will also tell you how to secure a graphic designer job in the USA with ease.
But, you have to read through to get every piece of information you need.
Now, let’s get started.
Who is a graphic designer?
A graphic designer is an expert who arranges images, graphics, art, and other visual elements to create a piece of design with the goal of attracting the interest of clients.
What are the types of graphic design jobs?
Below are some graphic designer jobs to consider:
- Photo Editor
- Apparel graphic designer
- Logo designer
- Packaging designer
- Web designer
- Multimedia designer
- Advertising designer
- Publication designer
- Art director
- User interface (UI) designer
- User experience (UX) designer
How to Get a Graphic Design Job in the USA
Follow these easy steps below to get a graphic design job in the USA:
- Get a bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field.
- Obtain an associate’s degree in the above subjects.
- Have experience as a graphic designer or in a related field.
- Possess the basic skills of a graphic designer.
- After that, design a well-organized CV that will please any employer in the U.S.
- Then utilize the internet and social media platforms to connect with U.S. employers and companies.
- Next, search for graphic design jobs in which you have an interest, and place your application letter with your CV attached to it.
- After that, wait patiently for their response.
How to apply for graphic designer jobs in the USA
Follow these steps below to get a graphic designer job in the USA:
- First, you must meet the necessary requirements to work as a graphic designer in the U.S.
- Then, design a CV and a good formal letter that will please your proposed employer.
- However, you can use the internet and social media platforms to connect with most US employers or companies.
- After that, submit your CV and application letter to any company of your choice, then wait for their interview.
- Once you’ve been accepted for the job, your potential employer will then reach out to you.
Benefits of being a graphic designer in the USA
Below are some benefits of being a graphic designer in the USA. They are:
- You can make decent money.
- Use of Creative and Analytical Brain Parts
- Appreciation for your work
- Highly Coveted Skills
- Steady Demand
- You can work from home.
- Also, you can be creative.
- That’s not all; you can also work for many companies.
- You can be self-employed.
- Also, you can make money on the side.
- Good life balance
- You can get benefits from social sites.
- On the other hand, you can avoid physical work.
- Good job prospects
- Secured Future
Best graphic design schools in the USA
Below are some of the top colleges for graphic designers in America:
- Academy of Art University
- Arizona State University
- Auburn University
- Boston University
- California College of the Arts
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Columbia College, Chicago
- Drexel University
- Iowa State University
- Maryland Institute College of Art
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design
- North Carolina State University
- Northeastern University
- Parsons School of Design
- Pratt Institute
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Savannah College of Art and Design
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- School of Visual Arts (NY)
- Temple University
- Texas Christian University
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of Cincinnati
- University of Florida
- The University of Illinois at Chicago
- The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- The University of Michigan
- University of Minnesota
- University of Southern California
- The University of Texas at Austin
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Yale University
Available graphic design jobs in the USA
Below are some of the available graphic design jobs in the USA:
- JELD-WEN, Inc.
- Charlotte, NC 28273
- Apply now: https://jobs.jeld-wen.com/job/Charlotte-Graphic-Designer-NC-28273/939651800/?emediaid=10588
- Southwire Company, LLC
- Apply Now: https://careers.southwire.com/job/16764486/graphic-designer-carrollton-ga/
- City of Austin
- Austin, TX 78704
- Apply now: https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/102406
- Workman Success Systems
- Salt Lake City, UT 84117
- Apply Now: https://wizehire.com/job/graphic-designer-in-salt-lake-city-ut-us-d97aba670822d61f
- Las Vegas, NV 89110
- Apply now: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=2168007&d=External&rb=INDEED&r=5000889357406#/
- Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
- New York, NY
- Apply Now: https://careers.take2games.com/job/4537957?gh_jid=4537957&gh_src=d268de4a1us
Graphic designers (hiring all levels!)
- Bethesda, MD 20816
- Apply Now: https://careers.leidos.com/jobs/10722627-graphic-designers-hiring-all-levels?tm_job=R-00091903-OTHLOC-1662&tm_event=view&tm_company=2502
Production Designer, Arcade
- Culver City, CA
- Apply Now: https://jobs.apple.com/en-us/details/200371070/production-designer-arcade?team=NA
- EST Inc.
- Antlers, OK 74523
- Apply Now: https://www.estinc.com/job/graphic-designer-engineering/
- Modesto, CA
- Apply now: https://www.bequad.com/job/-/-/11056/36950253920?src=JB-10101
Creative Design Analyst: Graphic Designer
- Highmark Health
- Apply now: https://careers.highmarkhealth.org/explore-jobs/job/j214251-creative-design-analyst-graphic-designer/?source=INDEED
MKT Design Assistant
- Irvine, CA
- Apply Now: https://jobs.lever.co/qcells/a63ff304-82fa-4eb4-a038-be92e8240ad8?lever-source=Indeed
Junior Graphic Designer
- Trillium Brewing
- Canton, MA 02021
- Apply Now: https://payroll.toasttab.com/Jobs/Trillium/default/V/MzUwNCZfX19oPTExNTUzODk3NDU=
Senior Graphic Designer
- JACKRABBIT DESIGN
- Milton, MA
- Apply now: https://www.jumpingjackrabbit.com/contact/gigs/
- Trailer Park
- Los Angeles, CA 90028
- Apply now: https://boards.greenhouse.io/trailerpark/jobs/6409041002?source=Indeed.com
- Center City District
- Philadelphia, PA
- Apply now: https://centercityphila.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a24tkhxgrmev
- Reynolds and Reynolds
- Celina, OH
- Apply now: https://www.reyrey.com/company/careers/job-openings/post/3208
Graphic Designer: The Toro Company
- The Toro Company
- Bloomington, MN
- Apply Now: https://ttc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Toro_External_Careers/job/Bloomington-MN/Graphic-Designer—The-Toro-Company_JR5673
Graphic Designer, Mid
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- McLean, VA 22102
- Apply Now: https://careers.boozallen.com/jobs/JobDetail/McLean-Graphic-Designer-Mid-R0153858/67630?source=JB-14400
We hope we’ve been able to give you all the information you need on graphic designer jobs in the USA.
Hence, if you have any questions about graphic designer jobs in the USA, please leave a comment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is a graphic designer paid in the USA?
In 2020, an average graphic designer will earn $53,380 a year.
How many hours does a graphic designer work a day?
In general, all the designers work for 8–10 hours per day.
However, the hours can vary based on different projects and different clients.
Is graphic design a good career in the USA?
Yes, Graphic design is a great career for people who are creative thinkers and enjoy art, technology, and communication.
Which designers are in demand?
User experience (UX) designers are one of the most in-demand designers working today.
How can I become a graphic designer in the USA?
Follow these easy steps below to become a graphic designer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- 1-5 years of experience in the Graphic Design field
- Ability to develop and execute creative and unique Graphic design.
Is graphic design a high-paying job?
Graphic designers earn high salaries due to the specialized nature of their work and because the demand for graphic designers is high.
Can I learn graphic design in 3 months?
It is possible to learn basic graphic designing skills and start building a portfolio of work in just a few months.
Which app is used for graphic designing?
Adobe Photoshop is the most popular graphic design software and is used by millions of artists around the world.
What do graphic design companies do?
Graphic designers create visual concepts, using computer software or by hand, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate consumers.