The administrative assistant job description involves offering support to managers, other employees, as well as office visitors by handling a variety of tasks in order to ensure that all interactions between the organization and others are positive and productive. These sets of professionals can also be referred to as Administrative Coordinators or Administrative Specialists.
Who is an Administrative Assistant?
An administrative assistant is one who’s job description may include a variety of clerical and administrative tasks.
They answer telephones, arrange for meetings and travel, and manage schedules. Thus as you create your admin assistant job description, ensure you add details that tell applicants more about the role at your organization.
Administrative Assistant Job Description
Organizations are looking to hire an administrative assistant with a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude.
Intending candidates should be able to assist management and all visitors to the company by handling office tasks, offering polite and professional assistance through phone, mail, and e-mail, making reservations or travel arrangements, and generally coming through as a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
In order to be a successful administrative assistant, intending candidates should be professional, polite, and be attentive while being accurate at the same time. They should always be prepared and responsive, and willing to meet each challenge straight on.
They must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, having a genuine desire to meet the needs of others should be a priority for administrative assistants.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities
- Should be able to handle office tasks, like filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- They are to provide real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- They are also required to make travel arrangements, like booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- To screen phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- I should be able to use computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Be able to maintain polite and professional communication through phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Should anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
Administrative Assistant Requirements
- Associate’s Degree in a related field
- Previous administrative experience
- Should have excellent computer skills, most importantly typing.
- Be able to pay attention to detail.
- Being multilingual may be an added advantage.
- Must desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
Alternate Job Titles for Administrative Assistant Job Listing
Administrative assistant job postings may also be listed under the Administrative Specialist or Administrative Coordinator.