Warehouse Worker Job Description
About Warehouse Workers
Warehouse worker’s work description includes receiving, unpacking, arranging and storing goods, as well as gathering, packing, preparing and loading goods for dispatching. Warehouse workers also check stock for damage and wear, report faults and discrepancies to necessary parties, and mark and label stock.
Warehouse Worker Job Description Template
A warehouse worker is employed to receive and dispatch merchandise to and from a warehouse. The warehouse worker is expected to load and unload outgoing and incoming delivery vehicles. The warehouse worker selects products from the warehouse, loads and secures goods to pallets, move inventory to delivery area, and load merchandise.
The worker will unload stock from delivery vehicles area, and transport to and store in designated warehouse positions. The worker will be expected to keep his/her work environment clean and neat at all times and comply with all necessary safety rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
For best results, you need the ability to adhere to instructions and operate in an orderly manner. Preferred applicants are those who are hard-working, focused and have outstanding problem-solving skills.
Warehouse Worker Responsibilities
- To load and unload delivery vehicles
- To accept delivery of inventory
- Ensure cleanliness, neatness as well as safety of work environment
- Count and confirm inventory
- Mark and label stock
- To inspect inventory for defects
- Communicate errors to necessary parties
- Build loads with forklift and electronic pallet jack.
- Store inventory inaccessible manner
- Load and wrap stock on pallets.
Requirements for Warehouse Worker
A warehouse worker must possess the following qualities to stand eligible for hire;
- A warehouse worker must be 18 years of age or older
- Should have work experience as a general laborer, preferably in Warehouse.
- Should have the ability to operate forklift proficiently.
- Must complete a background investigation and drug screening.
- Should possess strong people skills
- Is required to have good moral character.
- Be physically strong, agile and dexterous, and undeterred by heights and adverse climatic conditions.
- It should be available to work for extended hours.
- Possess positive work history and ability to maintain solid attendance.
If you hope to pursue a career as a warehouse worker, then these tips could come in handy for you, to help you get better prepared for any opportunity that presents itself. It is best to prepare and have all the necessary information ready before opportunity surfaces than wait for an opportunity before preparing.