The project manager job description will include overseeing different initiatives or projects of business, monitoring their progress and completion, and ensuring that they meet the expectations of the clients. Even though a project manager usually does not need to carry out the hands-on tasks involved in a project, he or she must possess some degree of knowledge with regard to the various aspects of a project.
Template of a Project Manager Job Description
We are looking to hire a project manager who will be responsible for handling our company’s ongoing projects. The project manager will be working closely with his team members to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track.
To be a successful project manager candidate you’ll be required to have proven experience in project management and the ability to lead project teams of various sizes. Having a project management professional (PMP) certification will be an added advantage.
Responsibilities of a Project Manager
- To coordinate with cross-discipline team members to ensure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Meet with project team members to identify as well as resolve issues.
- Submit project deliverables as well as ensure that they adhere to quality standards.
- Prepare status reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing important information.
- To establish effective project communication plans and ensure their execution.
- Facilitating change requests to make sure that all parties are well informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- Coordinate the development of user manuals, training materials as well as other documents required to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to the clients.
- To identify and develop new opportunities with clients.
- Obtain customer acceptance of project deliverables.
- Managing customer satisfaction within the project transition period.
- Conduct post-project evaluation and also identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- ERP project oversight.
Requirements of a Project Manager
- A bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in a related field of study.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an added advantage.
- Proven experience in project management.
- The ability to lead project teams of various sizes and also see them through to completion.
- I should have strong understanding of formal project management methodologies.
- Experience as a construction project manager, IT project manager or ERP project manager is required.
- Must be able to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Should have an understanding of ERP implementation.
- Experience overseeing a construction project.
- Experience in budget management.