Currently, promoting small businesses online via the Facebook marketplace has become the rave of the moment. So many business owners who desire to take their business to the next level, are busy taking advantage of the Marketplace to create more awareness about themselves and what they offer online.
The marketplace in turn has yielded so many positive results, which has seen expansions in some small businesses, extra profit margins in the businesses’ revenues, and more awareness of the business products or services. With all these, you would agree that the Facebook marketplace is actually a place for your business to be right now.
Facebook marketplace helps in promoting your business online to tons of people who may never have known before now that your business existed. With its capacity of over 2 billion users, it goes to say that, not only would have your business be in view of this teaming population, but you will definitely meet potential clients, who may turn out to become customers of your business.
Thus for whatever type of business or service you are offering, there will always be someone on the Facebook platform who would be interested to do business with you. This is because Facebook encompasses the world’s population, and you can easily find, connect with, and interact with potential customers all over the world.
What is Facebook Marketplace?
The Facebook Marketplace, is a feature designed by Facebook, to act as a medium through which you can buy, or sell your products or services to customers who are interested in what you are offering through the Facebook site. You can easily buy from the marketplace, by searching through listings. Here, you can connect with tons of other users who are active daily on the Facebook platform.
Facebook Marketplace Benefits
- Facebook marketplace helps your business to get the exposure that would guarantee it’s an expansion in the near future.
- It helps you get connected to those who might be interested in your product or service offering(s).
- It helps you create various categories of listings to help customers easily sort through your products to see what you have on offer.
- You can list and advertise your products all for free. Even though some charges may apply in some cases.
How Do I Access Facebook Marketplace?
You can access the Facebook marketplace right from your Facebook page for those that already have a Facebook account. If you do not have a Facebook account, then you would have to create one in order to be able to access the marketplace.
Creating a Facebook account is free, easy, and fast as long as you have all the requirements.
I will be walking you through simple steps of how to create an account on Android devices as well as on iOS devices.
Creating a Facebook Account on Android Devices
- Visit the Google Play Store on your Android device
- Scroll to the top of the page, and type in Messenger in the search box, and click on the search option.
- Tap on the Facebook app and click on the Install option.
- Hit on the Accept button
- Allow the download process to complete, then open the Facebook app
- On the app page, tap on the Create New Facebook Account option and click on Next
- Consent to the security prompts, and tap on Next
- Enter your first name and last name and tap on Next.
- Key in your date of birth and tap on the Next button
- Fill out a valid email address and tap on Next
- Enter a correct password, for the account and tap on Next.
- Lastly click on the Sign-Up link.
How to Create a Facebook Account on iOS Devices & Tablets
- Visit the App Store on your iOS and tablet device
- Enter Facebook into the search box and click on Search.
- Click on the Facebook app from the lists of apps that would be displayed, then click on Get
- Tap on Install, to begin the installation process.
- Once the download process is complete, click open the Facebook app.
- As the app opens, click on the Create New Facebook Account option
- Fill out your name, email address, and date of birth
- Then choose your gender and enter your password
- Then tap on the Sign Up option.
After your Facebook account has been successfully created, to access your account, you need to log in. This is how to login:
For Mobile Devices
- On your device, open the Facebook app.
- Fill out your email address or phone number.
- Key in your password
- Tap on the Login link.
For Desktops & Computers
- Scroll to and tap open your web browser
- Visit facebook.com
- Key in your email address and phone number
- Enter your Password
- Lastly, click on the login option.
Now that you have successfully created an account and also logged into it, I will be showing you how to access the Facebook marketplace option.
How to Use Facebook Marketplace
So let’s get started on how you can use your Facebook marketplace feature:
- Tap open the Facebook app, log into your account.
- Scroll to the top part of the page, to locate the shop/store icon and click on it.
- Add photos of the products or service you are offering
- Enter a brief description of the product/service you are offering.
- Add a bride’s description of what your business is all about.
- Describe the item using catchy phrases.
- Add a category and location.
Once you adhere to and carry out the above-mentioned steps, Facebook will take it from there, and help you in listing your items and products, to make it visible for other users on the platform to view.
Once your Facebook marketplace has been successfully set up, you can take a step further by running advertisements to create awareness for your business.
Facebook Marketplace is a new way to sell!!!