Facebook is a social network where people can interact with a loved one. Of recent, people are using Facebook to buy and sell goods. This started, when Facebook introduced the marketplace. With the Facebook market place it easy to buy and sell items in your local community. This article will discuss the various Facebook marketplace categories
Meaning of a Facebook Marketplace
A Facebook market place is a service provided by Facebook that allows users on the platform to buy and sell goods and services within their local community. Most people are confused between the Facebook market place and Facebook store.
But they are two different places for buying and selling. In contrast, the Facebook store is for sellers who have goods to sell to the public. While in Facebook marketplace platform is made up of both buyers and sellers. You can actually buy and sell directly on the platform. That is to say, you have direct contact with the seller to arrange for payment and negotiation of goods. Facebook has no payment method on the platform. Most sellers on the Facebook market platform are people who wish to sell used items like electronics, laptops, etc.
Facebook Marketplace Categories
How To Visit Facebook Marketplace / Facebook Marketplace Categories
For you to access the Facebook marketplace you will need an android or IOS device. On the other hand, You can access it from your desktop computer through the Facebook website. To access the Facebook marketplace from your devices, take the following steps:
- Download the Facebook app from the google play store and install it with your advice.
- Open the app and login with your Facebook username and password.
- Click on the Facebook marketplace icon. This is represented by a shop symbol.
- One you are the marketplace, you will be able to see different items that are for sale within your location. On the other hand, you can sell and at the same time buy on the platform. I will provide steps on how to go about these.
How to sell on the Facebook marketplace or Facebook Marketplace Categories
As early mentioned you can display items for sale on Facebook. Selling on the Facebook marketplace does not just involve uploading pictures of your product on Facebook. There are some other extra tricks you have to apply.
Firstly, fix a price tag on your item. Put in mind that you are not the only seller on Facebook therefore, you must tag a fair price to your product. Secondly, make a good photo of your product with an attractive description of the item. After this, you must set the address of your location and your contact phone. Below are simple steps will place your items for sale on Facebook for people near you to make a purchase.
- Login in to your Facebook.
- click on the marketplace in the left column of the news feed.
- Click on “sell Something”
- Upload the photo of the items you wish to sell
- Give a detailed description of your product.
- Set prices for the items.
- Select your location and the product category.
- Finally, click on the post tab.
By taking these steps anyone looking for items to buy in your area can now find your items and message you if they want to buy.
How to Buy on the Facebook marketplace or Facebook Marketplace Categories
After you open the Facebook marketplace you will see photos of items that people near you have listed for sale.
There are 2 categories or ways you can find items to buy on Facebook marketing platform:
- Shop by Category: click on a category in the left column of the marketplace to see the different items on the different categories such as electronics, households, etc.
- Search for Something Specific: you can look for a particular item by typing the name on the search box.
If you find any item interesting, click on the image to see more details about the item and the profile of the seller. The Facebook app offers users the opportunity to save items and view at a later day.
However, if you have decided to buy a particular item. You can send the seller a direct message from the marketplace to inform them of your interest and how you meet for possible purchase. Most importantly, Facebook does not facilitate the payment and delivery of goods on the platform. Its left for you and the seller to make arrangements for that.
Facebook marketplace categories
With the Facebook market place it easy to buy and sell items in your local community. This article will discuss the various Facebook marketplace categories