Twitter is one of the most popular social networks in the world. People join the network to follow friends and celebrities and also to promote their businesses. The platform is a good source of enjoyment and opportunity for most people. Opening a Twitter account is pretty simple. The following helps:
How To Follow Twitter Users with No Account – Technipages
https://www.technipages.com › how-to-follow-twitter-u…
Or perhaps you do not want to commit to the network, but still want to follow a celebrity, friend, or influencer. Regardless of your current …
What Is Twitter and How Does It Work? – HubSpot Blog
https://blog.hubspot.com › marketing › what-is-twitter
Twitter, a social networking site launched in 2006, … follow high-profile celebrities, or stay in touch with old high school friends.
The Celebrity Tweet Directory – Google Books Result
https://books.google.com › books
Follow. Other. Twitter. Users? Twitter would be just another lonely outpost … exchanging messages with your friends, and sending friends‘ tweets to your
The Psychology of the Internet – Page 13 – Google Books Result
https://books.google.com › books
People outside the United States often choose social networking platforms that … for individuals to craft an online persona and keep in touch with friends …
SETTING UP TWITTER ACCOUNT
- Firstly, open Twitter from your computer, phone, or tablet
- Secondly, type your phone number or tap your email address in the first text box provided on that page.
- Thirdly, type the password you want to use for Twitter in the second box
- Fourthly, click or tap the Get Started button
- Also, type your full name in the new text box that shows up below your password
- Click or tap the sign up button when finished
- You will be asked to enter your phone number. This is however optional.
- Lastly, choose a username on the next page.
ADDING NON-REQUIRED SETUP INFORMATION
It is quite better to finish setting up your profile so that it looks compelling enough for people to follow you back. One can also add even non-required setup information with a view to making the profile more catchy or compelling. The various options include:
- Select the “let’s go!” option to tell Twitter your interests which will recommend Twitter users you should follow
- Choose the Continue button to have the option to import your Gmail or outlook contacts, which Twitter can use to recommend followers that you know. If you don’t want to do that, click the No, thanks link.
- Select the users you want to follow from Twitter’s recommendations or use the button on the top of the page to quickly follow all of them. You can uncheck the ones you don’t want to follow and that can include all of them.
- There is the option to turn on notifications so you are alerted when new messages come into your account. You can enable this or select “Not now” to decide later
- You can now start using Twitter
MAKING YOUR PROFILE PRIVATE
Twitter accounts are made public by default. Meaning anyone can see your profile details and tweets. To make your Twitter profile private, you can enable the Protect Your Tweets option in the privacy and safety section of the settings.
USING TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION
Two-Factor Authentication help in preventing hackers from accessing your account. It is an extra layer of protection for your account. A code is texted to your phone or email address that you use to verify your identity and password as one log in.
Turning on the two-factor authentication in Twitter involves:
- Firstly, open your account settings, click on the profile picture, and then choose the settings and privacy link.
- Secondly, scroll down to the security section. Click the setup login verification button next to “verify login requests”. Add a phone number to your account for this to work.
- Thirdly, click Start in the new window that opens
- Also, enter your Twitter password and then select Verify
- Click the Send code button to give Twitter permission to text you a verification code
- Enter the code in the next window and click Submit
- Finally, Twitter will send you a code that you have to use with your password before you can get into your account.