If you don’t have a Gmail account till now, I don’t know what took you so long. Since the inception of Gmail, people have gradually migrated from their old email accounts to this more stable and organized platform. Gmail registration is no longer done manually through invitations from users who already have a verified Google web account. Now, anybody can sign up to Gmail with limited restrictions.
In this article, you’re going to learn about: how to create a Gmail Account, Gmail Vs. Google Vs. Google Plus and how to access your Gmail Inbox.
How You can Create Gmail Account With Ease
- Open your web browser, and go to the Google homepage. Then, click the Gmail option located in the toolbar:
- From here, two possible scenarios are possible depending on your account status. If you already have a Google account, simply enter your username and password to access Gmail through your Google account. You can do this by clicking Login.
- If you do not have a Google account, click Create an account. An online form will appear asking for your basic information:
- Fill in all the fields and read the terms and conditions. Finally, select the Check this box to confirm that you have read and accepted all the conditions of use.
- click Next step. In the introductory page of the service that appears, click ‘I am ready to use my account’ to finalize your registration.
Gmail Vs. Google Vs. Google Plus
In creating a Gmail account, you automatically create a Google account, which allows you to access other personalized services such as YouTube, Android, and Google Plus, Google’s social network. So you not only read your emails but socialize as well. You get to have fun interacting and make new friends also on Google Hangouts.
How To Access Your Gmail Inbox
As soon as you have registered in Gmail, you will be directed to your inbox. There, you will see that you have already received your first email: a welcome email from the Gmail team.
At the top of your inbox, you’ll see that three tabs have been created for you to help you in your email management:
- Social Networks
These filters are not mandatory — Gmail offers its users many options for inbox customization, including creating customized filters and labels as well as a personal signature. These options may be found in your account settings.
Now you can go ahead and share your unique Gmail address with your network!