vevo music: Vevo iPHONE App Review Using vevo.com
vevo music is a popular music video website offering the latest videos from some of today’s hottest musicians. The official website is vevo.com. The corresponding app (Free) promises to bring some of that experience to the iPhone – Vevo iPhone App. The app has over 25,000 music videos to choose from.
This review refers to a version of this app released in 2011. You can go through it to know Vevo better.
- 25,000 high-quality music videos
- Excellent interface
- Hit-or-miss performance
Requirements of vevo music
The vevo music app is compatible with the iPhone and iPod touch. It requires iPhone OS 4.0 or later. Vevo HD is free and available for the iPad.
The first thing you’ll notice about the Vevo app is its slick interface. The app is very well designed, complete with a sliding montage of the hottest music videos and an easy-to-use navigation system. The Vevo app includes a variety of ways to find content, including popular videos, new selections, and top artists. You can also search by keyword.
Some of the videos had long loading times that turned into total app meltdowns. You might have to reboot the app entirely. However, the videos that do load have excellent sound and video quality.
After you view a video, the Vevo app includes a link to buy it on iTunes, share it via Facebook or Twitter, or add it to the in-app playlist.
Notable Changes Since the Original Review of vevo music
This review was first published in April 2011. Since that time, the app has changed in several ways. Some of the notable changes include:
- Vevo has expanded beyond music videos and now includes live concerts and original shows, too.
- Vero now has over 230,000 videos available, a huge expansion from the 25,000 that this review references.
- The app now supports custom-made playlists of videos.
- You can now be notified when an artist designated as a favorite releases new content.
- Vevo is now available in the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, the UK, and a number of other countries. Trying to access the app from outside those countries doesn’t work.
- The stability and performance of the app seem to have improved. The current version of the app has a 5-star average rating and all-time reviews give is 3.5 stars from almost 50,000 users.