Shazam is an app popularly known for identifying music that’s playing anywhere around you. As long as you can hear the music, once you open the app, it will help you identify the singer and tell you things about the song such as where you can download or buy it. It utilizes the phone’s microphone to sample that external music wherever it’s playing. But do you know that Shazam has other abilities such as identifying songs stored in the same device with it? Let’s say you have the Shazam app on your phone and you’re playing a track with different songs in it (a mixtape); Shazam can help you identify each song and its singers individually without much ado. In this Shazam Review you’ll see how to use Shazam to identify songs already on your phone:
How To Use Shazam To Identify A Song Playing on Your Device
If you haven’t got this free app installed, then download it for your particular operating system from your phone’s App Store.
- Launch the Shazam app. This needs to be running in the background before you start playing any music.
- Now you’ll need to run your favorite music-playing app on your device. Select the unknown track you want Shazam to listen to and start playing it.
- Swap back to the Shazam app and tap on the capture button. After a few seconds, you should see a result. As soon as this happens the information will be added to your Shazam tags list.
- If you’ve got an audio file that contains several songs, then you can simply tap on the capture button every time a new song starts to play.
- After you have finished playing all the unknown songs on your phone, you can view a list of the tracks that were identified by tapping on the Tags menu in the app. Selecting one in the list will give you the option to buy the track from the iTunes Store, but you can also stream the whole song by using Spotify or Deezer.
Shazam! movie review & film summary (2019) | Roger Ebert
https://www.rogerebert.com › reviews › shazam-2019
This film was warm, funny, and colorful and a real joy to watch. It was a big improvement for DC over the dark, colorless and depressing …
User Reviews – Shazam! – IMDb
https://www.imdb.com › title › reviews
The movie is an ultimate fun ride from the top to bottom. There’s not a single part that felt boring or uninteresting. The arc given to Billy was quite good …
Shazam! Movie Review – Common Sense Media
https://www.commonsensemedia.org › movie-reviews
Wonderful story with some very mature material. … Super-nostalgic superhero adventure still soars. … Excellent, intense adventure has thrills, humor, heart.
Shazam! Review: One of the Most Fun Superhero Movies Ever …
https://www.indiewire.com › 2019/03 › shazam-movie-…
A warm, funny, and anarchic superhero movie about the power of family, “Shazam!” is total magic from start to finish.
How To Tackle Problems / Shazam Review
If you have problems identifying songs, then try increasing the volume on your device. Sometimes Shazam won’t be able to hear a song playing if the microphone doesn’t pick up the sound.
Another way to solve the problem of Shazam not hearing songs correctly is to use earbuds or headphones. Once connected, hold the earbuds right next to your device’s microphone to see if that solves the issue. You may have to play around with the volume to get the correct level.
If you choose to stream identified tracks using Spotify or Deezer then you will need the relevant apps installed on your device.