NETFLIX OFFLINE IS HERE TO STAY…
Netflix has been our popular choice when it comes to streaming quality TV shows online. From your soap operas to any genre of movie you enjoy watching can all be found there and viewed without stress.
Netflix is a multinational entertainment company that was founded by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph on 29th August 1997, in Scotts Valley, California. It provides stream-able and on-demand content online and also delivers DVDs by mail.
Despite being a great site for streaming all kinds of video and TV content you enjoy, without a good network connection, you may not get much. You need a reliable internet or Wi-Fi to enjoy Netflix fully. People in developed countries like America where there are a stable network and free wifi everywhere you go, this may not be an issue.
But to some other developing or undeveloped countries, access to a stable network is a challenge; that’s why Netflix sensed the need for an offline option. With that in mind, Ted Sarandos, the chief content officer of Netflix, recently told CNBC that the company is working on a feature that will allow people to watch the content on Netflix offline.
He talked about how expanding to different countries, with their total territories now standing at 190, has helped them to different cultures, one of which is the “downloading culture”.
The basic principle behind the offline feature would be the ability to download the content instead of streaming it, making it possible to view the content on Netflix offline. The most likely method would be a “Download” button alongside videos, which would allow direct downloads.
However, since the feature would be aimed at other markets, America is unlikely to be the first country to get it. That will be a great relief, so be the first then download the newest version when it comes.
Meanwhile, you can still enjoy your favorite TV shows on Netflix. Follow the steps below to create an account and carry your TV with you everywhere you go!
HOW TO USE NETFLIX OFFLINE
- Visit the URL www.netflix.com from your browser and click “Join Free For A Month”.
- Choose the plan you wish to use: “Basic” for $7.99, “Standard” for $9.99, or “Premium” for $11.99 monthly. All three plans have different features, such as the availability of HD or Ultra HD, or the number of screens you can watch on at the same time.
- Click “Continue” and provide your email address and a password to create your account.
- Select a Payment Method: Credit Card, Paypal or Gift Card.
- Setup the Payment Method you have chosen and click “Start Membership”.
You can now use Netflix, either through your browser or via the Netflix app available on both Android and iOS.