Martial arts are all about fighting styles. They are a group of codified systems and patterns on which numbers of combat are practice for various reasons such as self-defense (military and law enforcement application), competition (physical, mental, and spiritual development), and entertainment or showcase of tangible cultural heritage.
Originally, martial arts were referred to as combat in the early 1550s as a correlation of fighting arts of East Asia. The word was derived from Latin and equally means- Arts of Mars – the Roman god of war.
Mixed martial art –MMA is a group of fighting styles which can be a mix of fighting discipline. Thus, some of these styles that have made it a mixed martial art include:
- Brazilian Jiu-jitsu: however, the use of the guard position techniques, joint locks, chokes, and compression lock which is a part in submission holds, all came from Brazilian Jiu-jitsu.
- Collegiate Wrestling:the use of clinches and takedown is a skill that is initiated in mixed martial arts from Collegiate Wresting. This has really helped in martial art.
- Muay Thai:this skill involves kicks, generally referred to as knee-and-elbow moves. This is an attribute introduced to mixed martial arts from Muay Thai. Muay Thai- an art of eight limbs, as the hands, elbows, shins, and knees are extensively in use.
http://www.subforcebjj.com › kids-mixed-martial-arts
The sub force BJJ/ Dragon Spirit mixed martial arts program for kids is comprised of FUN, exuberant, fitness orientated classes for ages 3-4, 4-6, 7-10, and 11- …
https://littleninjaparenting.com › the-best-martial-arts-fo…
MIXED MARTIAL ARTS (MMA) For 13 to 17 Year Olds — This is only true however, if other styleslike Judo, Kali, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling, or …
https://strictlyfighters.com › best-martial-arts-kids
Why Mixed Martial Arts Is Good For Kids — Karate; Muay Thai; Tae Kwon Do; Wrestling; Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu; Krav Maga; Tai Chi; Aikido; Mixed Martial
- Submission wrestling:plays the part of position flow and submission combinations. However, the head and the arms hold and other mounts are attributes of submission wrestling to MMA.
- Judo:all the hip toss and other throws are all attributes of judo in Mixed Martial Art MMA
- Western Boxing:all the attempts of strike used in MMA such as the jab, uppercut, cross, and hook, are all attributed to western boxing. This is the commonest tick ties used over boxing if you are a fan of western boxing matches.