Have you ever come online to chat with friends only to discover that they are all offline? Or too busy to respond to your chats? You can kill that boredom and make as many friends as you like by joining a chat room. A chat room is a group of people with common interests. Some messengers have several chat rooms users can easily join, ICQ chat rooms provide platforms for networking and meeting new friends. ICQ offers a wide range of features including video chat, group chat, free calls, chat rooms, and unlimited texting. Despite having been around for a long time, ICQ is still a fun way to stay in touch with friends. ICQ is available on a variety of devices, including:
How to Access Chat Rooms on ICQ
- Open ICQ on your computer or mobile device
- Click or tap the “compass” icon located in the menu at the bottom of the application. This will result in a list of chat room options for you to select from.
- Scroll to see the complete list of available chat rooms.
- When you find a chat room that you’d like to join, click or tap the green “Join” button. On a computer, you may have to click “Open” after you’ve joined the chat in order to open the room.
Once you join a chat room, it’s easy to start participating in a conversation. ICQ offers many tools which enable you to send text, voice messages, stickers, and emojis to participants in the chat room. Your experience may be different depending on whether you are using a computer or a mobile device, however.
How to Participate in an ICQ Chat on a Computer
- Firstly, click on the “Message” area at the bottom of the screen. You can then type your message.
- Secondly, click the happy face to the left of the “Message” area at the bottom of the screen to access emojis and stickers.
- Thirdly, click the paperclip icon to the right of the “Message” field in order to add a file to the chat.
How to Participate in an ICQ Chat on a Mobile Device
- Tap into the empty field at the bottom of the screen. You can then type your message.
- Secondly, tap the happy face to the left of the text field at the bottom of the screen to access emojis and stickers.
- Tap the microphone icon to the right of the text field in order to record a voice message.
- Tap the camera icon to the right of the microphone icon in order to access the photos on your mobile device, or to take a new photo.
Note: There is no option to share files in your chat when using your mobile device.