EVERYTHING INSTAGRAM KNOWS. In opening an Instagram account, a person has to supply certain information about him or herself. Also in operating the account, one would have to make posts and engage other users. Instagram keeps a fairly detailed record of these activities and the information given to them. This actually does help in improving one’s IG experience and such information or data can be downloaded if the owner needs it or deem fit. This downloaded data or files can be used as information in migrating to a new social media site.
Downloading Instagram EVERYTHING INSTAGRAM KNOWS about you or information entails:
- Firstly, go to Instagram.com and log in
- Secondly, press Next Now, if prompted to download the app
- Thirdly, press the profile button, represented by a torso and head, located in the upper-right hand corner of the screen
- Also, a menu will open up. Select Settings represented by a gear.
- Then, select the Privacy and Security option from the left of the screen on the Instagram settings page
- Account’s Privacy and Security Settings will be displayed. Scroll down until you locate the Data Download section and select Request Download
- Furthermore, enter the email address you want the downloaded link to be sent to and tap Next
- An Instagram password will be asked for at this stage. Enter your password and request Download
- Lastly, the download will be sent which could include all of your photos, profile details, bio, comments, contacts, likes, search history, and other information. This may take up to forty-eight hours.
Downloading Personal Data via Android or iOS App
- Firstly, Launch the Instagram app and log in if necessary
- Tap the profile icon, located in the lower right-hand corner represented by a head and torso
- Select the menu icon represented by three stacked lines
- Also, choose the gear icon
- Go to Security
- Furthermore, select Data Download from the displayed Instagram’s options interface located in the Privacy and Security section.
- Enter your password again and the email address where you want the download link sent to and tap Next
- Lastly, the information will be sent and this may take up to forty-eight hours.
The downloaded data always contain a. Considerable amount of information. This saved information is gotten from your engaging on Instagram. Your content, and your uploads. The only way to limit the amount of data Instagram has. About you is to share less. Information about one’s self and connect with fewer people. This is because everything you do on the site is saved. And even if something is deleted from your end, it is not a guarantee. It will be deleted from the data set associated with your profile.