Instagram is an amazing platform for keeping up with the trends and fashions as well as follow what your friends and family are posting. It allows for the sharing of photos and videos. You may not however want certain persons to see what you post or what them to follow.
One of the ways to make certain of this is to block such users. When you do so, they will be unable to see your posts and can longer locate your profile. They will not be notified that you have blocked them and they can still mention your username in their posts.
HOW TO BLOCK SOMEONE USING THE INSTAGRAM APP
The Instagram app is available for Android, iOS, and Windows platforms and can be used to quickly block another IG user following the steps below:
- Open the Instagram app and load the user’s profile that you wish to block. This can be done by tapping their username from anywhere within the IG interface.
- Tap menu, located at the upper-right hand corner of the screen, represented by three dots
- Select Block when the pop-up menu appears
- A warning appears, asking if you are sure you want to block this user, tap Block
- A confirmation message will now be displayed, confirming that the user has been blocked. Tap Dismiss to complete the process
HOW TO BLOCK SOMEONE USING A WEB BROWSER
You can block someone on Instagram using the Instagram website. This is done thus:
- Open your browser and go to the Instagram website
- Access the user’s profile you intend to block. This is done by clicking on their username from anywhere within the IG interface.
- Click on the menu, located to the right-hand side of the profile name, represented by three dots.
- Click on Block this user on the pop-up menu overlaying the main screen
- A warning appears, asking if you are sure you want to block this user, click Block
- A confirmation message will now be displayed, confirming that the user has been successfully blocked. Click Dismiss to complete the process.
Ghost followers are those who are either inactive or don’t engage with you. They could be
- Lurkers (People you know and those you don’t know)
- Secondly, users who were previously active but no longer
- Thirdly, users only interested in being followed
- Users known as bots
Ghost followers offer you no real value other than numbers. It would be better to remove such persons; removing such followers reflect your real engagement level on the site. There are times when one may find it difficult to differentiate ghost followers from those actively engaging him, the use of the Iconosquare can help in resolving such.