Instagram Fake Followers
People with a large following on Instagram are called Instagram influencers. These influencers are able to make some income on Instagram by promoting different brands or companies in their posts.
People are thus motivated to boost their followers count. There are specialized services that promise to increase your followership for a fee of course, but you must be wary of such services because the consequences of working with them could be dire. Some of these include:
– Many of these services sponsor accounts for the purpose of following the client’s accounts. These accounts rarely engage for proper purposes.
– Instagram is cracking down on “fake accounts” and if discovered that you purchased some of these, your account could be at risk.
– Most purchased followers are from foreign, non-English speaking countries.
– The engagement of such followers on Instagram is generally low.
It is much better to build a following on Instagram than purchasing or making use of services promising a quick boost of followers. The building however takes work and time.
Instagram Scammer Pictures
Scammers could open Instagram accounts using an attractive picture. The purpose of such is to entice other Instagram users to respond, so as to strike up a romantic relationship and then swindle them. Scammers do almost the same as other social networks. While it may be flattering to be flirted with by an attractive person, it is advised never to trust any new romantic interest on Instagram until you have confirmed the person is real.
On suspecting that you have been contacted by an account with a fake photo, you can verify such by:
– Perform a reverse image search on the profile photo. Scammers usually steal pictures of real models.
– Reverse search their phone number, image, email, and Instagram user name using social Catfish.
Fake Instagram DMs
There are many services that help to generate fake Instagram DMs. The purpose is to claim that this chat was real and then make it go viral. People often use such fake Instagram chats to prank friends and families.
Engaging with such posts can lead to being scammed or encourages scammers to continue the practice, thus the best thing to do on coming across such is to simply ignore them.
Instagram Money Scams
Scammers always go about trying to convince people they can make a lot of money overnight. This is so wherever there are lots of persons on a social media platform.
Some of the scams include investing in events or products that don’t exist, having to pay fees to work for a fictitious company or individual, and investing small sums of money in the hope to receive a triple of that sum.
Once you send these scammers your hard-earned cash, you never see it again.