If you visit YouTube often, you would know that you don’t need an account to view its contents. It’s optional but you stand to gain more by creating an account with them. With a YouTube account, you can save videos to watch later, set up your YouTube home page with your favorite YouTube channels, and receive customized recommendations for YouTube videos to watch. Therefore, let me take through the process of youtube account sign up first before going through the whole tutorial on YouTube.
youtube account sign up:
- Firstly, open YouTube.com using your browser on your computer
- Secondly, click on Sign Up at the top of the screen.
- Thirdly, enter your information as requested.
- Fourthly, from there, you can customize your YouTube account.
What to Watch From the Opening Screen
When you log in to YouTube, you are immediately presented with a Recommended section of videos that the site selected for you because you viewed similar videos in the past. Beneath that section are selections of movie trailers, recently uploaded videos, and popular channels in categories that include Entertainment, Society, Lifestyle, Sports, and others that vary by your history on the site.
You are also presented with a Watch It Again section of videos you viewed in the past, and a Popular Music Videos section. All of this is on the opening screen of YouTube. However, there’s more to watch if you know where to look.
Browse YouTube Channels / youtube account sign up
Click the menu bars in the upper left corner of the YouTube screen to open a side navigation panel. Scroll down to Browse Channels and click it. Across the top of the screen that opens is a series of icons that represent different categories of videos you can watch. These icons represent:
Click on any one of these tabs to open a page with videos in that category that you can watch.
Watch YouTube Live
YouTube offers live streaming news, shows, concerts, sports, and more. You can see what’s featured, what’s currently playing live, and what’s upcoming. These can be accessed through the Live tab of the Browse Channels screen, there’s even a handy button that lets you add a reminder about upcoming live streams you don’t want to miss.
Watch Movies on YouTube
YouTube offers a large selection of current and vintage movies that are available for rent or sale. Click YouTube Movies in the left navigation panel or the Movie tab in the Browse Channels screen to open the movie selection screen. If you don’t see the movie you want, use the search field at the top of the screen to search for it.
Click on any movie’s thumbnail to see an extended preview of the movie.
Save YouTube Videos to Watch Later
You also have the option of saving a YouTube video to watch later. However, not every video can be saved to watch later, but many can. By adding videos to your Watch Later playlist, you can access them when you have more time to watch. This is how to save the video:
- Firstly, exit full screen if you are watching in full-screen mode.
- Secondly, stop the video.
- Thirdly, scroll down to the row of icons immediately beneath the video
- Fourthly, click the Add to icon, which has a plus sign on it.
- Next, click the box next to Watch Later to save the video to the Watch Later playlist. If you don’t see the Watch Later option, the video cannot be saved.
- When you are ready to watch the videos you saved, go to the navigation panel at the left of the screen (or click the menu bars to open it) and click Watch later. The screen that opens displays all your saved videos. Just click the one you want to watch.
Watch YouTube on the Big Screen
YouTube Leanback is an interface designed to make it comfortable to watch YouTube on the big screen. The videos all play automatically in full-screen HD, so you can lean back and watch on your TV screen if you have an appropriate device hooked up. Use one of the following devices for HD playback on your big screen:
Watch YouTube on Your Mobile Devices
With a smartphone or tablet, you can watch YouTube wherever you have an internet connection. You can download the YouTube app or access the YouTube mobile site through your device’s web browser. Watching YouTube videos on your phone or tablet is most enjoyable with a high-resolution screen and a Wi-Fi connection.