As you may already know, Instagram is a social networking app. Made for sharing photos and videos with friends. Family, and other Instagram users. The question, therefore, is: Is there really a best time of the day to post on Instagram so your photos and videos get more views, likes, and comments?
This write-up attempts to answer the question. The ultimate purpose of posting is for other users too. See your posts and engage, therefore it would make more sense to make or share posts at times Instagram users are considered to be most active.
According to an updated 2019 report from Sproutsocial,
The best times to post on Instagram are;
– Wednesday at 11:00 a.m
– Friday between 10:00 and 11:00a.m
Sunday is considered the least good day to post because it receives it. The lowest amount of engagement of all weekdays. It is also observed that on a daily basis, engagement is lowest between the hours of 11:00 p.m to 3:00 a.m.
Adults who work the typical 9-to-5 job might be. More likely to look and follow posts on Instagram in the very early hours of the day. Thus identifying your target audience may be the. Very first thing to consider as regards posting and checking Instagram.
Instagram Algorithm prioritizes new posts over older posts, so one would need to know when most of his or her followers are using the app so as to post during those time slots.
Considering the following time slots show generally users’ behavior and pattern on Instagram.
https://later.com › blog › best-time-to-post-on-instagram
The best days to post on Instagram are Saturday and Sunday – with the highest average engagement occurring for posts published on Sunday
https://statusbrew.com › Insights › Instagram
https://blog.hubspot.com › marketing › instagram-best-t…
Best Time to Post on Instagram Each Day. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 11 AM – 12 PM CDT – Consider that most of your followers are taking
https://influencermarketinghub.com › best-time-to-post-…
If your followers are “typical” Instagrammers, then the worst time to post on the platform will be in the early hours of the morning (1 am to 5 am). Yet some …
Other Time Frame Includes:
– 5:00a.m: On getting up from the bed, most persons tend to check on their Instagram, so sharing a post this early catches that early morning crowd who check their phone right when they get up.
– 7:00p.m – 9:00p.m: Generally, morning hours are considered a good time to post because everyone is just waking up. A lot of persons can’t resist checking their phones to see what they missed while sleeping. A drop in engagement may occur after 9:00 a.m though due to school hours and regular work.
– 11:00a.m – 2:00p.m: Lunch hour is one period where people get some time to do what they want and one of such is checking social media.
– 3:00p.m – 4:00p.m: Most persons are just about to or actually considering going home either from work or school at this time and they are probably checking their phones to help pass the time.
– 5:00p.m – 7:00p.m: People mostly get to relax at this time. They are mostly back from school or place of work. Some are already having dinner or sitting in front of the television.
In as much as we consider all these when posting, the behavior of our followers matters most as regards the best times to post.