To FOLLOWERS ON INSTAGRAM
- Firstly, open the Instagram app on your iOS or Android device and sign in to your account
- Secondly, navigate to your profile by tapping the person icon on the far right in the bottom menu
- Thirdly, tap the number of followers that appear at the top of your profile to see a list of your followers
- Fourthly, to find a follower you want to remove, you can scroll through your follower’s list until you find them
- Also, tap the three horizontal dots on the iOS app or the vertical dots on the Android app that appear to the right of the follower listing
- Tap Remove from the pop-up menu to remove them as a follower
- Lastly, repeat step four through six to remove FOLLOWERS ON INSTAGRAM
Avoid using third-party apps that claim to offer bulk removal of followers. Many of such apps today are in violation of Instagram’s API platform policy. These apps could also be outdated and can result in your account being compromised.
It is better to manually remove followers on an individual basis. This may be time-consuming but it is safe.
When your Instagram is set to public
anyone can follow you, thus putting you at a higher risk of being followed by users who are simply looking to get a follow back and not at all interested in your content. Setting your account to Private makes it easier to screen new followers. In private settings, users would have to send you a follow request first before they can follow you.
It is generally considered safe not to accept the following request of certain persons. Such persons include:
- People you do not know (total strangers)
- Persons with very promotional content
- Someone who appears to be following a large number of users relative to their followers’ count
These persons would probably end up as ghost followers, so it is considered best to decline their follow request.
There are times when you may need to unblock someone who has in turn blocked you. This can be quite tasking because you need to access the account menu to unblock them. The best thing to do here is to send a private message to the person from your own account.