Getting Instagram for iPad entails:
- Tap the App Store icon located on your iPad Home Screen
- When the App Store Interface appears, search for Instagram
- Tap Get to download and install the official Instagram app
POSTING TO INSTAGRAM FROM IPAD
After installing the Instagram app, you will be able to post to IG right from the iOS photos app. Posting to Instagram from your iPad entails
- Firstly, Tap the Instagram icon located on your iPad Home Screen
- Secondly, When the app comes up, follow the on-screen prompts to sign in to your IG account
- Thirdly, Return to the iPad Home Screen and open photos
- Move to the folder containing the image you wish to post to Instagram and tap it
- Also, Tap the share icon, represented by a square with an arrow, located in the upper right corner of the screen
- Then, Tap More
- Furthermore, Tap the Instagram toggle so it comes on
- Tap Done
- Tap Instagram
- Lastly, A window appears, asking you to write a caption for the photo. Hashtags can also be added if desired and then tap the share
- The post becomes visible on your Instagram profile
BROWSING INSTAGRAM ON YOUR IPAD WITH A BROWSER
To browse Instagram on iPad via a browser:
- Open the browser of your choice on your iPad and navigate to Instagram.com
- Enter your details to log in
- You can now browse IG post, comment, like, and bookmark as though you are using the app, however, you will not be able to post new content.
VIEWING INSTAGRAM ON THE REGULAR WEB
Instagram is primarily meant to be used from a mobile device through the official Instagram app. It can however be accessed from other web browsers as well. Checking out Instagram from a laptop, desktop computer, or a web browser on a mobile device is simply done by visiting Instagram.com on these devices. On visiting the site, you can create a new account or log in if you already have one. On logging in, you will be taken to your newsfeed tab which has a similar layout to that on the mobile app.
Scrolling down through the posts shown in the newsfeed, you can interact with them almost exactly the same way as you can with the app. You can discover new content, browse easily, configure user settings, and interact with other users. You can check for the heart button, the comment field, or the bookmark button at the bottom of a post to either like the post, leave a comment or save it to your bookmarked posts. To embed a post into a web page or report it as inappropriate, you can click the three dots in the bottom right corner.
The basic limitation of browsing Instagram from the web is that you cannot post new content.