Finding a private lender is never easy without the help of the lending platform. LendKey Student Loans, is one of those private student loan lenders you can run to if you’ve exhausted your federal student aid and need additional refinancing for school. There are many different companies out there that can offer you overwhelming lending offers.
LendKey offers simplified products unlike other private student loan lenders because it has moved from becoming a lender to becoming a partner. It partners with hundreds of nonprofit credit unions and banks to fund loans. Applying for a loan via LendKey connects you with one of its partners, instead of figuring it by yourself. This is worth taking advantage of. But, this does not eliminate the downside of it. Check out for what you should know section.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Firstly, you can borrow up to the total cost of attendance. This means that there is no limit to what you can borrow as you can borrow up to the cost of attendance, unlike federal student loans.
- Secondly, it offers loans with interest rates very low. Because it works with non-profit credit unions and banks, it gives room to competitive interest rates on undergraduate private student loans. The variable rates range as low as 1.25% and a fixed rate as low as 4.25%.
- Also. there are no application or origination fees. In as much as there are no origination fees, it also charges late payment.
- Furthermore, do you know that payments are required while you are in school? This also means that there are no options for deferring payments until graduation. Though you can either pay $25 per month or make interest-only payments while in school.
- Do you know that your eligibility is dependent on the partner lender? In as much as LendKey works with partner lenders, loan policies will fluctuate from time to time. It could accommodate co-signer release or forbearance. This makes it not straight forward saying those LendKey private student loans have a singular loan policy.
- Lastly, loan policies will vary as the partner lenders differ. Each partner lender places their eligibility base on maintaining a minimum credit score or otherwise.
Student Loans Offered by LendKey
LendKey offers private student loans for undergraduate and graduate students enrolled for at least half time in a degree program in an eligible school. Totally, the loan over this platform calls for no application or origination fees or prepayment penalties. In this platform, borrowers can choose between variable and fixed interest rates as the available rate options. This ranges from 1.25% to 11.76% and 4.25% to 12.35% over undergraduate loans respectively. The discount on the interest rate offered by LendKey is about 0.25% when you sign up for automatic payments.
It also leverages borrowers to borrow up to the total cost of attendance. Despite this, there is a maximum limit you can borrow from LendKey ($120,000 for undergraduate students, $160,000 for graduate students). The below box will show you the actual key rates and loan terms available.
|LENDKEY STUDENT LOANS RATES AND TERMS AS OF JULY 9, 2020|
|Variable Rates||1.25% to 11.76%|
|Fixed Rates||4.25% to 12.35%|
|Loan Amounts||$1,000 up to the total cost of attendance (subject to aggregate limit)|
|Loan Terms||Five, 10, and 15 years|