CHANGING EMAIL ADDRESS ON MOBILE
- Firstly, open the Facebook app on an Android or iOS device
- Secondly, tap the three-line menu icon
- Thirdly, tap Settings and Privacy
- Also, tap Settings, then Personal Information, and then Email Address
- Tap Email Address
- On Android, type in the new email address and tap Add Email
- Lastly, select Confirm Email Address and input the code in the confirmation email
CHANGING EMAIL ADDRESS ON ANY COMPUTER
- In the top right corner of the Facebook page, select the down arrow, then Settings and Privacy, then Settings
- From the general tab, select Contact
- Select Add Another Email or Mobile Number
- Type the new address and click Add
- Click Submit
There are cases when a person cannot access either his phone number or email address for his Facebook account, in such a scenario, the following can be tried:
Use Facebook’s identity page
Go to facebook.com and locate your Facebook account. Follow the instructions given to regain access to your account.
You can try regaining access to the associated email account
Facebook Trusted Contacts
You can use Facebook Trusted Contacts to regain access even without having the email address or phone numbers associated with the Facebook account.
When a friend tells you they need your help getting into their account, just make sure it’s really them. It is advisable you call such persons first to actually confirm before opening the link they have shared.
The following are signs that your Facebook account may have been hacked:
- Your email or password has changed
- There is a change of name or birthday
- Friend requests sent to people who are already your friends
- Posts you didn’t create appear to come from you
- Friends receive messages that you didn’t write.
When such occurs, it would be absolutely necessary to change one’s Facebook password.
This can be done by:
- Select the down arrow in the top right corner, then select Settings. On the app, tap the icon from the top menu for Android and bottom menu for iOS, then scroll down to tap Settings and Privacy, then Settings
- Select Security and Login
- Under the Login section, Select Change Password
- Enter your current password, a new password and then re-type the new password
- Select Save Changes
It is recommended you immediately save your new password somewhere safe, like in a password manager