Gmail contacts allow you to add and edit people one contact frequently or even not so frequently.
To open your Gmail address book in a desktop browser, follow the steps below:
- Open Gmail
- Select the Apps icon located in the upper-right corner of the Gmail screen
- Select contacts to open a new window with all your email addresses in it
The following features make managing contacts in Gmail easy:
- Track Contacts: This keeps track of people you frequently contact and add them to a frequently contacted list. These people can then be added to your main contact list. This makes it easy to send emails to multiple contacts at once.
- Organize info: Automatically merge info and details that your contacts choose to share.
- Clean up duplicate contacts automatically: If you want to check for duplicates, go to the left panel of the Google contact screen and select duplicates
- Merge contact List: This helps to import, export and print entire lists of contacts
- Group contacts together: This feature groups your business contacts separate from your personal contacts or create a mailing group for a particular project you are working on
Entering a sender into Google contacts sync the information across all your computers and mobile devices so it becomes available whenever you go and whatever device is being used.
After entering a group of information, we can organize, merge, and review them. One can even create personal mailing lists to send messages to groups without having to enter all their email addresses.
HOW TO ADD AN EMAIL ADDRESS TO YOUR GMAIL CONTACTS
After exchanging emails in Gmail with a new contact, it would be very much okay to add such contact or the sender to Google contacts.
Adding contacts to Google entails:
- Open a message from the sender you want to share as a contact or Gmail
- Hover the cursor over the sender’s name at the top of the email.
- Click Add to contacts on the pop-up pane
- Edit contact if necessary. This allows for adding note information about the contact. This could include the sender’s name, address and any other information
- After adding all possible necessary information, the new contact can now be saved. Google could also automatically save it.
Gmail auto-fills the field based on contacts that match so you don’t have to look up addresses in your contacts list manually.
However, if you haven’t saved the address, Gmail can’t do this.