The IRS now has a new check portal where you can get your stimulus relief to check if you are not needed to file taxes. On this website, Americans who are not required to pay taxes can go to key in the payment information to get their stimulus relief check.
IRS Stimulus Relief Check Portal
The IRS Stimulus Relief Check Portal, has been put in place by the Internal Revenue Service, and here’s what you should expect from the site:
- Go to irsstimulus.com
In case you do not want to wait for weeks to get your IRS Stimulus check in the mail, it is advised that you visit the portal and submit your direct deposit information so that your payment can be electronically deposited into your account.
- Click on the blue “Get My Payment” tab.
- Then on the next page, tap OK for authorized use.
Get ready to key in the following details:
- Social Security number or individual tax ID
- Date of birth
- Street address
- 2018/2019 Tax return information (have returns handy)
- Bank routing number
- Bank checking account number.
If you can’t find your bank routing number or bank account number, you may have to visit your bank’s website, because they typically have their routing number posted on their website.
You can check your personal bank check, that information is at the bottom of each personal check.
Once you have gone through with the above information at www.irsstimulus.com and you have entered it in the web portal, you should get information giving the status of your payment. In case the IRS already has your direct deposit information on file you will get notification of where it is in the process.
In case your direct deposit information does not show but you are eligible for a check, you can key in your bank account’s routing number and account number for the government to send your check to your bank account.
Get My Payment | Internal Revenue Service
https://www.irs.gov › coronavirus › get-my-payment
To find the amounts of your Economic Impact Payments, check: Your Online Account: Securely access your individual IRS account online to view the
Economic Impact Payments | Internal Revenue Service
https://www.irs.gov › coronavirus › economic-impact-p…
We’re committed to helping you get your economic impact, or stimulus, … You can no longer use the Get My Payment application to check your payment status.
Third Economic Impact Payment | Internal Revenue Service
https://www.irs.gov › coronavirus › third-economic-im…
You can no longer use the Get My Payment application to check your payment status. … and don’t receive federal benefits may qualify for stimulus payments.
Get My Payment
https://sa.www4.irs.gov › irfof-wmsp
THIS U.S. GOVERNMENT SYSTEM IS FOR AUTHORIZED USE ONLY! Use of this system constitutes consent to monitoring, interception, recording, reading, …
Who is the IRS Stimulus Relief Check Portal For?
The IRS check portal is available for U.S. citizens and resident aliens who have a valid social security number.
How to Get a Stimulus Check
With the first check rolled out the week of April 13, 2020, the Department of Treasury’s new portal, “Get My Payment” opened on April 15 then it announced significant enhancements April 26 to deliver an “improved and smoother experience”. The portal can be used to track the following information, according to the IRS:
- Your payment status
- Payment type
- Your expected payment date
- If the IRS requires more information from you, including bank account information.
Ever since the IRS Stimulus Relief Check Portal was established, lots of people have experienced problems and gotten error messages. Some of these common error messages are “please try again later” or “status unknown”. Here are some reasons why you may receive an error message at irsstimulus.com
- If you haven’t filed a 2018 or 2019 tax return.
- You didn’t answer security questions right.
- If your bank is struggling to keep up with the demand from people checking their accounts.
- You may have entered information incorrectly/typo’s/misspellings
- In case you normally use tax software like Turbo Tax, H&R Block, or any others your direct deposit information may not be on file.
- If 2019 return hasn’t been processed yet.
- If you don’t usually file a return and your information is not in the system.
- If you are not eligible to receive a stimulus check.
- In case you have been temporarily locked out of the “Get My Payment” tool.
How to Know if you are Eligible
You are eligible if you have adjusted gross income (AGI) up to $75,000 ($112,500 for heads of household and $150,000 for couples filing jointly), you will get the full amount, $1,200 for single or head of household filer and $2,400 for couples. Parents also get to receive $500 for each child under the age of 17. The amount you get will be reduced by $5 for each $100 you earn above your threshold until it hits zero.