Windows 10 Review
Since Microsoft launched the new OS Windows 10 many users are yet to get conversant with how it works and the basic features. Here in this article, I have provided all the basic information you need to know about Windows 10.
https://www.pcmag.com › … › Windows
Windows of Opportunity. — If you‘re running Windows 10, getting the latest is a simple matter of running Windows Update, accessible from the Settings app.
https://www.techradar.com › Reviews › Computing
From its key features to its semi-annual updates, here’s everything you need to know about this powerful and extremely versatile OS. Read on
https://www.techrepublic.com › Topic › Software
This comprehensive guide covers must–know Windows 10 details including features, system requirements, upgrade options and Microsoft’s
https://www.pcworld.com › Windows
Windows 10 October 2020 Update (20H2) review — We‘ve built this guide to present you with the most recent Windows 10 notify you about new
Windows 11 vs. Windows 10: What’s new and improved in …
https://www.cnet.com › Tech › Computing
Windows 11 is rolling out in phases to compatible devices. Here are all the big changes and improvements you should know about.
Meaning of Window 10
Windows 10 is the latest operating system manufactured by Microsoft for personal computers, tablets, and other internet devices. The operating system was released in 2015 as a successor to Windows 8.1. After the release, Microsoft has announced that they will not release a new operating system rather they will continually update windows 10.
The last update on windows 10 is version 1809. Any person using other windows like 7 and 8 can upgrade to Windows 10 without any system wipe. There is a software called the Windows 10 OS installer which IT experts use to transfer files and applications in the previous windows over to the new windows 10. In addition, users can upgrade to Windows 10 through the Windows Update Assistant.
Also: Windows 10 Beginner Guide
Basic Features of Windows 10
- Windows 10 can run across other devices and platforms such as smartphones, tablets, Xbox and other compatible windows 10 devices.
- A new user interface and desktop: in Windows 10 the Start Menu changed with a list of places and other options on the left and applications looking like tiles on the right. A new virtual desktop system was added to know as the “task view”. It shows all open windows and allows users to switch in between them. Furthermore, the new Windows 10 interface is designed to function based on the type of device being used or the input method. For instance, users on the desktop have a different interface from the user in a touchscreen device.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Continuum: this allows users to navigate between touchscreen and keyboard interfaces. The continuum automatically detects whether the user is using a keyboard or touchscreen.
- Microsoft Edge: in window 10 Microsoft Edge is the default browser contrary, to another version where internet explorer was the default web app. Microsoft edge has some basic tools that give users a good web experience. Such as web notes, Cortana. Web notes allow users to open certain sites without ads. In addition, the Cortana works in connection with the Bing search engine and also supports voice and text recognition.
- Windows 10 provides better integration with the Xbox ecosystem. In other words, the Xbox app in Windows 10 allows users to browse and play games online.
- Windows 10 offers user better system security. It supports multifactor authentication and “Windows Hello” which allows face recognition. Therefore, users can log in with just the recognition of their face or thumbprint.
The Windows 10 Basic System Requirements
The minimum Windows 10 system requirements for easy and fast operations are listed below. However, you must endeavor to upgrade the hardware requirements in future to get maximum performance:
Processor: 1 GHZ – upwards
RAM: 1 GB and above
Hard Disk Space: 16 GB and above.
Graphics Card: DirectX 9 or Windows Display Driver Model.
Display : 800×600.
Things You Need to Know About Windows 10 update
Windows 10 has been designed to receive regularly featured update twice yearly with new features and changes. Microsoft has four branches or structures that indicate when and how Windows 10 devices receive an update. They are the insider preview branch, current branch and the long term servicing Branch [ LTSB].
The Insider Preview Branch: this is limited to only members of the branch. These IT professionals first get an update. Any new update coming in Windows 10 is first tested with Insider Preview Branch before they are made available to the public.
The current Branch: is designed for consumers. After the new update is tested ok, it is installed on the devices of users who are connected to the internet and have the Window update on.
The Long Term Servicing Branch: this is for the device that cannot afford regular update such as automated teller machine, emergency room devices. They can receive OS update every 3 or 10 years.
In conclusion, you know have basic info about windows 10. You need to upgrade your OS to Windows 10 in other to enjoy these great features of the new operating system from Microsoft.
About Windows 10
Windows 10 is the latest operating system .Here in this article, I have provided all the basic information you need to know about Windows 10.