If you’re paying for the services of any Internet Service Provider Company, it’s recommended to monitor your internet speed from time to time. This will help you ascertain if it’s worth your penny, and if not, you can easily build a strong case against them. Is Verizon your ISP? Do you know how to use the Verizon internet test? Verizon suggests their Fios high-speed customers should test their internet speed using the Verizon Speed Test.
The Verizon internet test is the online bandwidth test that you can use to confirm those Mbps or Gbps numbers on your monthly bill. If Verizon isn’t your ISP, using this speed test probably won’t be particularly valuable.
Verizon Internet Speed Test | HighSpeedInternet.com
https://www.allconnect.com › … › Verizon
An internet speed test shows the internet connection speed you get from your internet service provider. Our Verizon internet speed test finds …
Verizon Speed Test – My Verizon Log In, Sign in to your …
https://checkmyspeed.info › usa › Verizon-fios
Whether you are using Verizon Fios or any other service provider, you can test the speed of your internet and get the most unbiased results. The Speed Test Tool …
Verizon Broadband Speed Test | WhistleOut
https://www.whistleout.com › Internet › Verizon-Wireless
Not sure how fast your internet speeds are with Verizon? Click the speed test on the right, and in a matter of seconds, see your upload and download speeds with …
How to Use the Verizon internet test
Verizon uses a hosted OOKLA platform, something you may have seen on a number of other speed tests out there, so this process may look familiar:
- Firstly, visit verizon.com. You do not have to sign in to your Verizon account, or even have one, to use this test.
- Secondly, click or tap on the red button to start the test. It takes a bit to load.
- If you don’t see anything, you may need to enable Flash or switch to a device that supports that.
- Wait during the Download Test and Upload Test. The whole process should take under a minute or so.
- To perform this test, Verizon sends and receives random data to and from your computer, after which some basic math determines your internet speed in Mbps.
- Once the tests are complete, you’ll be taken to a summary page.
There you can see the final latency, download, and upload results. Record these if you’re planning on regularly testing your internet speed, a good idea if you plan on asking Verizon for support or a refund based on slow speeds.
How Accurate is The Verizon internet test?
The Verizon Fios speed test is really only helpful if,
- you’re a Verizon customer, and
- you’re not looking for a “real world” test.
The Verizon Speed Test is great for making sure that you’re getting the bandwidth that you’re paying for. What you may not realize, however, is that speed you pay Verizon for very likely isn’t what you’ll ever get when streaming from Netflix, or downloading software, etc.
For a more realistic test, I recommend testing with a non-ISP-hosted, HTML5-based internet speed test like TestMy.net, SpeedOf.Me, or Bandwidth Place.