When you talk about NETGEAR router login, you relate it with to the set up. What this does is that it gives access to secure your wireless network. However, this guide will show how to login to NETGEAR router in other to execute common setup tasks. But before we move into that, what do you know about NETGEAR?
This is the question one must ask before you think of logging in to set up. Most people seeing this post for the very first time will not understand this until they look into how this company came about, products that this company offers and some other sensitive information about NETGEAR.
What is NETGEAR about?
NETGEAR is a multinational computer network company that is situated in San Jose, California, having offices in about 25 other countries. This company is known for producing networking hardware for consumers, businesses and services providers.
NETGEAR’s product covers a variety of widely used technologies such as the wireless Ethernet and power line. Other product includes wired and wireless devices for broadband access and network connections to meet the need of the users in an area where these products are sold.
As of January 2017, various NETGEAR products were released to be vulnerable to an exploit that allows third-party access to the router and the internal network and also to turn the router into a bonet.
To continue with the login steps, you can actually do that using your phone, tablet, or computer.
How to Login to NETGEAR Router
Follow the below directives
- Ensure you connect to your network. You can do this by connecting to your wireless network using WIFI or your wired network using an Ethernet or CAT5 cable.
- Launch the web browser of your choice. Ensure the network is secured. Now you can use the below prescription. CHROME, MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER, APPLE SAFARI, MICROSOFT EDGE.
- Go to the router URL. At http://www.router.net or http://www.routerlogin.com. Then afterward, you will see the login page
- At this stage, you are expected to provide the NETGEAR username and password. As long as you are at the home screen of the NETGEAR router, enter the password and username which you chose when you first set up your router.
- After you must have entered the username and password, you will be logged into your admin panel.