One needs approval for shopping on Instagram. Your account must be approved so as to be able to feature products from the Instagram app.
To get this approval:
- Firstly, go to your Instagram profile
- Then, tap Settings
- Also, tap Business
- Tap Shopping
- Tap Continue
- Lastly, select a product catalog to connect to your professional account
- Tap Done.
The approval may take a few hours to a few days. There are times when it could take up to two weeks for Instagram to review and approve an account for product tagging.
It is very possible for shops to showcase their products for purchase on Instagram. With the shopping feature, a person can browse, shop, and even purchase products while still on the Instagram app.
https://business.instagram.com › shopping
Your shop is a place to sell and share your brand story, where people can browse products and explore collections.
Discover and Buy From Brands and Creators You Love
https://about.instagram.com › features › shopping
https://blog.socialmediastrategiessummit.com › guide-to…
Instagram Shopping is helping online brands master the final step of the sales funnel. … You can use up to 5 shopping tags for every post.
https://blog.hootsuite.com › insta-shopping-tips
tips for selling more products with Instagram shopping — Scroll through goods from brands big and small, all around the world: it’s window-shopping 2.0.
SHOPPING FOR BRANDS YOU KNOW
To shop for brands you already follow on Instagram:
- Firstly, visit their stories
- Secondly, search for and locate an image or story with a product you are interested in. Tap the shopping bag icon to reveal the item’s name and price
- Thirdly, to purchase the item, tap the item’s name and see the product description
- Lastly, tap view on the website to continue with the purchase and complete the transaction
PURCHASING PRODUCTS FROM BRANDS YOU DON’T FOLLOW
You can browse products from brands you don’t follow by using the search and explore. To do this:
- Tap the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of your device. Go to Search and Explore
- Tap Shop at the top of the screen
- Products from brands you don’t follow are displayed
For easy browsing of products and services, you can tap Categories on the top of your screen. The categories include clothing, home decor, beauty, and travel products. Choose the one you want to browse on.
PURCHASING PRODUCTS FROM INSTAGRAM
Having found your chosen product, you can purchase it by:
- Tap the shopping bag icon in the photo or story
- Tap View on the website and Instagram opens the website inside the app
- Carry out transactions on the website.
With their Purchase Protection Policies, Instagram protects purchases made on it. Just in case, a person does not receive his purchased items, or it arrives damaged, or the seller (merchant) doesn’t follow their stated refund policy, Instagram steps in.
HOW TO CREATE AN INSTAGRAM SHOPPING COLLECTION
This is done by doing the following
- Tap the bookmark icon underneath the image of a product to save the item to a collection
- Instagram saves the image to a collection titled Wish List
- To check for your collection, visit your profile and tap the hamburger menu in the top right corner of your screen
- Tap Save, then tap the collection with the shopping bag icon.