This article will help you on how you can Reset Your Apple Tv. The term “Restore to factory settings” is not new in the technology world. It’s often the last resort when you’ve tried every known option and before you run off to a technician. It’s also carried out before you resale an old device.
Pressing that button takes your device back to the way it was originally when it was manufactured, no files, no special settings and so on. The same applies to the Apple TV. Being an iOS device and not just a TV player, files can be downloaded and saved on it.
This may include movies, games and music files. It’s important to always take time to delete all your movies, music and other personal data when selling or giving away an Apple TV. If not, new user could easily use your account to make purchases or view your content.
Reset Is Not Restart
The of Apple TV Reset is different from Restart or Force Restart of an Apple TV box.
Reset is the final option you should choose if nothing else works, or if you want to wipe all the data on your device in order to give it away or even sell your Apple TV.
While it is the first thing you should do if you are selling your box, it is not the first thing you should try if you are having problems with your Apple TV. When readers make contact it’s surprising how often simply restarting the device can solve most Apple TV software problems.
https://www.businessinsider.com › Tech Reference
Open your Settings. · Click on “General.” · Scroll down to and click on “Reset.” · Your Apple TV will ask you several times if you want to confirm
https://www.iphonelife.com › How-To › Apple TV
We’ll also cover how to factory reset and restore your Apple TV in case all else fails or you decide to sell your Apple TV at some point.
https://www.techsolutions.support.com › how-to › how-…
Restore your Apple TV to a factory-fresh state for troubleshooting purposes, to prepare to give it away, or other reasons.
https://www.wikihow.com › … › Apple TV
Reset All Settings: This option resets your Apple TV to it’s factory settings, and erases all account information and configurations. · Restore: …
There are other reasons you may want to reset the Apple TV:
- You may have failed to successfully jailbreak the device, leaving you with a non-functional brick, rather than a streaming services box.
- You may have suffered a bandwidth outage in the middle of a System software upgrade, which may have caused the upgrade to fail.
The good thing about any of these situations is that if you do choose to Reset, your Apple TV set-up will be as easy as it was the first time you went through the process, and all your content will still be available through iCloud.
How To Reset Apple TV
There are two ways to reset Apple TV:
1) Using The Remote
If you can still navigate the Apple TV interface with your Apple Remote then you can reset the device quite easily in Settings>System>Reset.
You will see a new menu offering two choices and the chance to cancel the task.
Reset: To restore your Apple TV to factory settings and erase all settings and information.
Reset and Update: To restore your Apple TV to factory settings, erase all settings and information, and update to the latest tvOS version.
The process may take some time, so be prepared to wait.
2) Using a Computer
If the Apple TV won’t boot up or your Remote is not being recognized you can use a PC/Mac running iTunes to Reset your Apple TV, but you will need to find a USB-C to USB-A cable (or a Micro-USB cable for 2nd and 3rd generation models).
- Disconnect your Apple TV from power.
- The next step is to connect Apple TV to your Mac or PC running iTunes using the USB-C to USB-A cable and the USB port at the back of the box.
- Now plug your Apple TV back to power and it will restart
- iTunes should launch on your computer and your Apple TV should be recognized
- You will be presented with two options: Eject Apple TV and Restore Apple TV. Choose Restore Apple TV and then click the Restore and Update button that appears. The process may take some time, so be prepared to wait.
- iTunes will download and install the latest version of the Apple TV tvOS. Doing so returns your device to factory settings and deletes all your media and other data from the system.
- Once this process is complete you can Eject Apple TV, switch it off and reconnect it to your TV to set up as new, or give/sell it to another person who can then take charge of it.