Google talk is a service that makes instant messaging possible in both text and voice communication. This is otherwise known as ‘Gchat’, ‘GMessage’, or ‘Gtalk’. However, this messaging service allows you to send text messages, make video calls, and phone calls using your Smartphone to whom you want to reach out to especially a Smartphone user.
This works effectively just like another communication method in so many devices. Because it is easy to integrate with the Gmail platform, many users around the world desire to make use of it.
This is medium is an ideal service to make use of when you are looking for a simple way to make instant messaging. Getting to make use of this service requires that both users from each end must be a user of Google talk.
So in case, you don’t have this messaging service on your device, try to download one for yourself. This messaging service can be used in so many devices ranging from your Smartphone down to your PC device.
Uses of Google Talk
Just from the meaning of Google which states that Google talk is an instant messaging service that enables users to communicate easily through the use of texts, voice, and video calls. This on its own has started the uses if this Google feature. So, therefore, this service is used for easy communication through text, voice and video communication.
How to Use Google Talk
You can make use of Google talk to perform so many features in your device. In some devices, Google talk appears as “Talk”. Now talking about making use of this service to chat, text, make video calls and another purpose, this service renders this just for free. Over here we are going to be talking about how to use Google Talk App on your iPhone, Android device and other devices.
- Set Up A Google talk Account
- Go to mail.google.com and create an account. Follow the instructions on the website to create the account.
- When you are done creating the Google account, you can add friends and contacts that also use Google.
- Using ‘Talk’ for Texting
- Using ‘Talk’ For a Conversation
- Select “talk”
- A list of your Google friends/contacts will be shown to you
- A microphone icon will appear near the contacts available for conversation.
- Click the microphone icon so that you can invite a friend to talk.
- Tap the ‘x’ button to end the conversation.
- Using ‘Talk’ for Video Chat
- Select ‘Talk’
- A list of your Google contacts will display on your screen.
- Click on the video button displayed on the screen to invite a friend to engage in a video chat.
- Click the ‘x’ button to stop the conversation.
Google Talk App Download
This service is not only available in the web platform but also in-app. You can download it to your device Google Talk app. Be it Android or iOS.
For Google Talk App Download for iOS click here