- IT support programs
- Duration and Schedule
- Step to enroll for the IT program and their instructors (enrollment options).
The Google IT Support professional is an IT program hosted by Google in order to protect and advance IT career. This prepares IT professionals for their IT Support system. Furthermore, the Google IT Support Professional was established to empower the IT Support team from the challenges that Google faced when finding qualified candidates. Google drafted out to offer six months of training for candidates. For those six months, you are (trainee) must at least, dedicate five hours of their time weekly for the program.
Google IT Support Professional
The Google IT support professional is a program handled online without a level of restriction. What could the restriction be like? Actually, there is no restriction. It entails that the program is not interested whether you are a college degree holder or not. Thus, this is a serious and vital part of Google’s team and must be handled by professionals. This program was established as the basis for the Google IT Support professional Certificates.
The IT support is compelled to grow at least ten percent in the space of 10 years (2018 -2028). Upon that, it rates as the fastest-growing field of all other occupations. In the United States, there are several roles open for IT Support and we can count for about two hundred and fifteen thousand and more systems making use of technology for some part of their work. Break down of hardware; system failure and the rest are all part of the role the IT support team should handle which means that they must be capable enough to handle them. Here is an opportunity to improve your IT support team.
Google IT Support Professional Certificate
The Google IT support professional certificate leverage you more opportunity to take up a role in IT support in less than six months. So, therefore, you can now add value to your certificate by sharing your information directly with top employers/companies who are in need of an IT support specialist to hire.
We have made mention of the IT support professional in respect to their importance without letting you know the possible program and skills to gain from the program, also the duration and schedule, how to enroll for the program and instructors.
In General, we can say that the IT Support Professional Certificate program is a lunch-pad for a career in IT. In less than six months, you are already on fire to take up an IT support job. It is all about customer service, networking, troubleshooting, system administration, operating systems, and security (fundamental ethics of IT Support).
IT Support Professional Certificate
The major benefit of this program is the skill you get. However, there are several skills you can learn from the Google IT Support Program and we will be listing them out:
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Binary code
- Customer support
- Command-Line Interface
- Directory Service
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Network Model
- Linux File Systems
What exactly can you gain from these skills?
At the end of the program, you will be certified. This online course does not support in-person classes because it is strictly online, making it flexible for you to handle. However, it is a beginner level program that attaches no prior experience before you can enroll. The program should last at least six months and five hours dedicated time per week and a minimum of four hours. Furthermore, it can only take you on a one language option (English) but has also other options for the subtitles (English, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazilian), and Arabic.
The program offers a seven days free trial at the beginning and after which it demands a subscription. You are also allowed to pause your learning or end the subscription anytime but remember that you will earn a certificate when you complete the program.
IT Support program | courses on the Program
The Google IT Support professional certificate is a five-course program that are been taught.
- IT Security- Defense against the Digital Dark Arts: This covers a major part of the IT security concept, tools, and best practices. This is where you get to be cautioned of threats and attacks and as well be introduced to how they can show up. You need exactly 29 hours is needed to complete the course.
- Operating Systems and You – How to Become a Power User: You really need to work hard on this course as it uses hands, demonstrations plus video lectures to learn about the main components of an operating system and how to perform critical tasks like managing software and users and configuring hardware. And this takes approximately 30 hours to complete with the availability of the entire subtitle.
- Technical Support Fundamentals: This is the first in the series of the program with the aim of preparing you for a role as an entry-level IT Support Specialist. This takes approximately 23 hours to complete this course.
- System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services: This is where you learn to expand your capacity of working on a single computer to an entire fleet. This course takes about 26 hours to complete.
- The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking: this part of the program features an overview of computer networking. However, it takes about 24 hours to complete the course.
Duration and Schedule
Here is the duration and schedules of the above IT Support programs.
- IT Security- Defense against the Digital Dark Arts: 29 hours
- Operating Systems and You – How to Become a Power User: 30 hours
- Technical Support Fundamentals: 23 hours
- System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services: 26 hours
- The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking: 24 hours
What exactly can you gain from these skills on this program?
Aside from the certificate there are more gains you will need to know. On the streamline of the program, you will learn how to automate tasks by writing python scripts, how to manage IT resources at scale both for physical machines and virtual machines in the cloud, and also learn how to analyze real-world IT problems and integrate strategies to solve those problems.
Here are the skills to gain from the course of this program
- Using Version Control
- Troubleshooting and Debugging
- Python Programming
- Configuration Management
- Basic Python Data Structures
- Fundamental Programming Concepts
- Basic Python Syntax
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Setting up your Development Environment
- Regular Expression (REGEX)
- Testing the Python
Top-Certified course of this program
There are six (6) professional certificate programs. Let’s check them out:
- How to Crash Course on Python
- How to use Python to interact with the Operating System:
- Introduction to Git and GitHub:
- Troubleshooting and Debugging Techniques:
- Configuration Management and the Cloud
- Automating Real-World Tasks with Python
This is where the flexibility has to come in so that you can comfortably enroll in the program. Here are the options you will find to enroll in the program.
- Taught by top companies and universities
- Affordable programs and a 7-day free trial
- Apply your skills with hands-on projects
- Learn on your own schedule
- Course videos and readings
- Graded quizzes and assignments
- No degree or experience required for many programs
- Shareable Certificate upon completion
Cost for Certificate on Google IT Support Program
The certificate will be issued to you at the end of the completion of the program and will cost as low as forty-nine US dollar (US$49). You will need to download the certificate by the end of the program and you will be showed how to do that. So you can now upload the certificate to complement your other CV and documents. The certificate should be renewed after every two years. Now you will be opportune to share with your LinkedIn Certificate section. Also, t profit you, you can share your information directly with the top employers hiring for IT jobs. Some of these employers include: