National Fair Housing Alliance
To put an end to House discrimination, the National Fair Housing Alliance was initiated. After all, the national fair housing alliance was in place after the abolition of slavery in the United States. However, the national fair housing alliance was initiated over “Jim Crow laws” which is to put racial segregation in place. The federal government began to take action against these laws in 1917. The instance of Buchanan and Warley brought about the ordinance that prohibited the blacks from living on a block where the majority of residents were occupied by white. But however, the civil rights act added the legislation known as the Fair Housing act after that incident.
However, it is now unlawful for landlords to discriminate between potential tenants based on race, religion, color, national origin, since the legislation of the civil right act.
Furthering Fair Housing
https://nationalfairhousing.org › affirmatively-furtherin…
The Fair Housing Act has two goals: to end housing discrimination and to promote diverse, inclusive communities. The second goal is referred to as …
About NFHA | National Fair Housing Alliance
https://nationalfairhousing.org › about
Enforcement | National Fair Housing Alliance
https://nationalfairhousing.org › enforcement
The National Fair Housing Alliance engages in systemic housing discrimination investigations when we have reason to believe fair housing laws are being
National Fair Housing Alliance Issues Statement on the …
https://nationalfairhousing.org › 2021/08/27 › national-…
dedicated solely to eliminating all forms of housing and lending discrimination and ensuring equal opportunities for all people.
National Fair Housing Alliance
Now we can be able to trace where it started and the reason for national fair housing, let’s have a look at what NFHA is all about. The National Fair housing alliance is a group of people that ensures these laws are obeyed and enforced. When you observe any kind of discrimination or hate in regards to housing, https://nationalfairhousing.org is a place you can come to report or lay claims. This agency strongly supports the movement of the fair housing act enforced in 1968. They stand as the back born of fair housing as they work tirelessly to subdue discrimination.
Note: You could simply check on the staff for familiarity by following the below steps. Before that, on the national fair housing staff section, it contains a list of all their major staff ranging from the president to the administrative assistant. It could also contain a little biography of each of them.
- Open up the web browser on your device and navigate to https://nationalfairhousing.org/staff/.
- The next page brings out the official page of national fair housing staff. Now you can see a fill list of them along with their job titles. Get to know more about their job specifications and what use the agency can be.
The National Fair Housing Alliance Board of Directors
We will let you know how to access the board of directors’ page when you need more research on this company. This is where you get to the see a full list of all the executive committee members of the current year or previous. Access their office address, email address and FAX number on this page of board of directors Following the below steps:
- Move to the official webpage of NFHA.
- Locate “About NFHA” tab and click on it for more drop down.
- Scroll to the point of “Board of Directors” and click on it.
Now you can now access the board of director’s page.
How to join NFHA
- Now join the NFHA via the webpage at https://nationalfairhousing.org/staff/.
- Narrow down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Join Now” button.
- Now you can enter the amount you want to donate on that page and click on the “Next” button in yellow color.
- Provide the next page with your information and click on the blue “Next” button.
This is very essential as it can complement your Zip code or even determine if your children would even attend high school and graduate for college or how much income you would make if you would have access to quality health service and lots more. Now, it is unlawful to refuse to sell, rent to or negotiate with any person because it is unlawful.
How to report Hate and House Discrimination
In case you come across any case of discrimination you can lay your report on housing discrimination following the below steps.
- Straight to the official webpage of NFHA.
- Locate and click on “Report Housing Discrimination” found on the navigation tab.
- Now you can fill in the form prompted with the details and the summit. The submit button is at the bottom of the page, so you would have to scroll down.