Google Forms is an app that offers a direct way of sending out a survey, query your customers, or request RSVP for a gathering, thus owing to all the important things you can do with this unique app, it is very important to know how to create Google Forms.
Google Forms came on board as a feature of sheets in 2008 and became its entity in 2016. This app offers an easy way of creating and sending a basic business form in minutes. It is built into your Google Drive and allows you to create quick surveys, tally responses, and export your results to Google Sheets.
Start new or open existing Google Forms
To begin a new form, tap the red New button at the upper left.
Then select More, thereafter Google Forms. A new browser window or button pops up displaying a blank Google form.
To open an existing form, scroll to the form you intend to open on your Google Drive and double-click. The form pops up in a new browser window or button.
Note, that at this time, Google Forms is available to use only with a web browser. Google has not made a mobile app yet, howbeit, you can view and edit Google forms on your smartphone in tablet with Google Drive app. Use the following steps:
- Sign in to your Google Drive account on your device.
- Scroll to the form you want to view and click on it. The form will pop up in the web browser of your device.
- You can then edit the form in your device’s browser like you would on your desktop.
Creating a Basic Form
Here’s how to create your first survey or questionnaire:
- Tap “Untitled form” to give a proper name to your questionnaire.
- In the Question Title field, key in the first question you want to ask.
- In case you want to offer some explanatory text for the question, type it in the Help Text field.
- Select a Question Type.
- In case you are selecting a question type that has more than one answer, enter the options you want to offer.
Note, that you can have as many options as you want. If you are choosing Text as the question type, then a text field will pop up to fill in.
- If you would rather have the user answer the question, then you have to check the Required Question box.
- In case for whatever reason, you need the options to pop up in a different order for different users, then you have to check the Shuffle Option Order box under Advanced Settings.
- Once you are through with that question, tap Add Item, which will save the first question and create a new blank question.
- After you have created a survey or questionnaire, and you are sure you are ready to email the form to others to fill out, tap the Send Form button. The link can be copied and sent by you, or you can type in the e-mail addresses of those you want to take the survey.