Gawab.com is a fast, stable, and very usable free email service with 10 GB online space, POP, and IMAP access as well as many other useful options. It has its pros and cons. This article is a quick review of Gawab.com.
- com offers 10 GB of online storage as well as free POP and IMAP access.
- You can label, search mail fast and save search criteria as handy smart folders.
- com lets you send mail from other accounts and can retrieve their mail, too.
- com’s filter could be even more effective does not offer IMAP access.
- com lacks full message search.
- com offers free web-based email accounts with 10 GB of online storage.
- You can access a Gawab.com account in any desktop email program using IMAP or POP.
- Conversely, Gawab.com can download mail from existing POP and IMAP accounts and lets you send mail from these addresses.
- In Gawab.com, you can sort your mail using folders and free-form labels.
- Labels, sender, date, subject, size, and other criteria can be used to search once — or automatically in smart folders.
- You can compose messages in plain text or using a rich-text editor — but also inserting HTML code manually.
- com can track mail you’ve sent and let you know, by way of a web beacon placed in your message, when it is opened.
- A spam filter moves obvious junk out of your Gawab.com inbox and you can report spam (or false positives) easily.
- Mail filters can file or forward messages automatically, and an out-of-office auto-responder replies while you’re away.
It’s easy, to move mail to folders in Gawab.com or to add a label: all it takes is dragging and dropping. Not only can you set up labels freely and apply them to messages swiftly, you can also include them in Gawab.com’s search folders together with other attributes (including size, date, subject, and sender).
In addition to all that,
a quick search field for each folder makes spotting important mail real simple. You cannot search your messages’ full text, however — either once or in a smart folder. It’s also a drawback that Gawab.com can only move messages to folders and not, for example, label them. Gawab.com has a quite effective spam filter which could be made more effective.
If you want your messages not only in a rich web environment but also on your desktop (in addition to Gawab.com’s 10 GB of online storage), you can use POP to download them and IMAP to access them seamlessly. Unfortunately, Gawab.com does not offer access to labels via IMAP, only to Inbox, trash, sent, and spam. It’s great how can fetch mail from IMAP (and POP) accounts itself, though, and you can send mail using any email address using Gawab.com on the web.
When composing mail, not only can you use rich text editing, a virtual Arabic keyboard, and direct access to the HTML code behind your mail; Gawab.com lets you track message delivery with a small hidden image (not transparent to the recipient).