Duo Mobile is a two-factor authentication app that offers more security to online account logins. It’s not Google Duo. It allows you to generate security keys to Duo’s security accounts. This prevents an account from being hacked.
Setting up Duo Mobile for Android devices:
- First, Go to Duo Mobile’s Play Store page and tap Install
- Secondly, Tap OPEN on the page
- Thirdly, Tap GET STARTED and tap ALLOW when the app requests access to
your camera Tap NO BARCODE
- Confirm that Dou supports the account you wish to add. Sign in and enable two-factor authentication
- Open a web browser. Sign in to the online account
- Go to account settings, select either security or sign-in options. Then select Enable two-factor authentication Select Set up
- Open Duo, tap GET STARTED. Scan the barcode displayed
- Lastly, Enter the 6-digit passcode displayed in the Duo and select Enable
- A notification that two-factor authentication is enabled appears. If you get an error when entering the passcode, use a new name. A new key is generated every thirty seconds
https://play.google.com › store › apps › details › id=co…
https://duo.com › multi-factor-authentication-mfa › duo…
The Duo Mobile app makes two–factor authentication easy. It allows users to securely authenticate to work, personal, cloud and on-premises apps in one-tap.
https://guide.duo.com › android
The Duo Mobile application makes it easy to authenticate — just tap “Approve” on the login request sent to your Android device.
USING DUO MOBILE TO PERFORM A SECURITY CHECKUP
The Duo Mobile app scans a device for security risks and then provides the instructions to fix them. Security checkup with Duo Mobile entails:
- Firstly, Tap the ellipse in the upper right corner
- Secondly, Tap Settings
- Tap Security Checkup
- Duo scans your device for any security risks
- Tap the item with a warning icon next to it
- Follow the steps listed to fix the security issue
SIGNING UP FOR A DOU SECURITY ACCOUNT 30-DAY FREE TRAIL
DUO MOBILE FOR ANDROID security accounts is ideal for users who manage multiple users signing into the account. It provides access to certain features such as adaptation, device insights, endpoint views, authentication, single sign-on, and remote access.
To sign up for a 30-day trial:
- Firstly, Go to Duo’s free account signup page and enter your details
- Secondly, Select Create My Account
- Thirdly, Enter a password and select Continue
- Open Duo Mobile on your device, scan the barcode on your computer’s screen
- Tap Continue once the barcode is scanned, a green checkmark appears
- Enter your phone number for backup and select Finish
- Select Duo Push
- Tap Duo Mobile’s Login request
- Tap APPROVE
- A box appears once your device is confirmed. If you selected Text Me to confirm your identity, open the text
- Copy your Duo’s 6-digit login code
- Lastly, Enter the 6-digit login code into the field, then select Submit
- You will be redirected to the “Protect an Application” page. You can now explore the different options.