Poor internet connection becomes a thing of the past with Century Link. A well-known telecom company mostly recognized by their internet service. They provide high-speed fiber internet network and with a range of speeds to choose from. Their fiber network can provide the internet speed up to one Gig. Now that is really fast! Quit complaining of hanging or slow connections, go get your CenturyLink internet kit and start your experience of the fast and reliable internet surfing.
ACTIVATE CENTURYLINK INTERNET SERVICES
MULTIPLE EQUIPMENT NEEDED
To start your journey with the amazing internet services you would need the following equipment:
- Installation Guide.
- CenturyLink Modem and the Ac Power supply (adapter).
- DSL filters.
- Green telephone cord and yellow Ethernet cable.
- Stable, working computer.
- Phone jack. A simple phone jack.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO ACTIVATE CENTURYLINK INTERNET SERVICES
Follow the steps given below to be able to use your internet services. You can also see a detailed tutorial video on the activation of their internet services, provided at the CenturyLink’s website at http://www.centurylink.com.
- Connect your modem to a power supply. Placement of your modem is very important and might affect its how it works. Place your modem someplace where air can circulate around, thus prevent it from heating up. If your modem is wireless then a higher place is preferred for better signals, speed, and coverage of the internet.
- Power in your Modem. Give it a minute or two to set up and after that you will see the power indicator at the front of the modem will light up, confirming that the modem is connected to the power supply.
- Your internet kit contains green telephone and yellow Ethernet cables, next step is to connect these wires and cables.
- Firstly, fix one end of the green cable in the green port, present at the back of the modem – labeled either LINE or DSL, and the other end in the phone jack present in the wall.
- The phone jack that you use, make sure has no filter has the modem itself has a self-built filter inside. Therefore, to avoid any connection problems use the phone jack with no filter.
- Now connect your computer to the internet modem using the yellow Ethernet cables. Even if your modem is wireless, it is wise that you follow this step for better service.
- Double check all the connections and make sure everything is connected and attached securely.
- Next step is to authorize your modem so to access the internet services.
- Open your computer’s web browser like internet explorer, Firefox, e.tc.
- When you open the browser, you will see the welcome message from the CenturyLink, confirming that the modem is connected to your computer. There will be a logo of CenturyLink and a message which will read ‘Welcome, let’s get Started’.
- Click the green button, titled ‘Next’ and follow the easy steps given further and you are all set to use the CenturyLink internet services.
Note: start the activation procedure until after 8 pm on your planned service day to avoid getting into any sort of problems. It is easy to go by. Get one today and go fix it. Don’t tell me it is had to go by. with your manual and the steps above, you should be able to resolve your connection issues.