Georgia COMPASS has got all the answers you’ve been looking for concerning your health and human services. If you are resident in Georgia then avail yourself of the opportunity that COMPASS Public Assistance offers.
Georgia Common Point of Access to Social Services (COMPASS) Public Assistance online program at www.compass.ga.gov. The site is easy to access and delivers a quick response to questions about health and human services for people in Georgia.
You can also submit applications, check eligibility status, track your application status or view your benefits concerning Food Stamps, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Medicaid, Child Care, WIC, Energy Assistance, Food Assistance, Child Support Services, Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services, etc. You will find below detailed login and account creation steps for COMPASS Public Assistance. You will also learn how to check the status of your application here.
NB: GEORGIA COMPASS has been replaced with the new Georgia Gateway Eligibility system. All COMPASS accounts have been transferred to Georgia Gateway. Your COMPASS user ID and password will be used to login to Georgia Gateway. If you’re applying for benefits and do not have a COMPASS account, you will need to create an account in Georgia Gateway. Please click the link below to access Georgia Gateway. www.gateway.ga.gov
GUIDELINES TO ACCESS GEORGIA COMPASS PUBLIC ASSISTANCE
This guide will get you through the login steps for accessing COMPASS Public Assistance. When you will visit the link www.compass.ga.gov, you will find five categories at their homepage, which are as follows:
- Am I Eligible?
- Apply for Benefits
- Application Status Check
- My COMPASS Account
- Partners and Providers
Exercise a little caution while using the Forward, Back, or Stop keys at COMPASS website since it can cause the browsing to malfunction. If there is a need to see previously visited pages, press the COMPASS links provided to browse back. Also, the basic browser requirement to use the COMPASS Public Assistance web portal is Internet Explorer version 5.5 or higher.
To check for your eligibility status, follow the following steps:
- Visit the URL www.compass.ga.gov in your web browser
- Hit the image under the link “Am I Eligible?” to find out if you are eligible to receive any benefits from all low-cost to high-cost health benefits, retirement benefits and child support. For this process, you might also be asked to enter your correct personal information in the marked fields
- Once you have completed the registration, you will be told if you are eligible for any benefits
- After reading the benefit details, if you decide to continue, you can click on the image under “Apply for Benefits.”
To apply for benefits:
- After you have clicked on the image under the option “Apply for Benefits”, choose to start a new application and click on ‘Next” button to continue.
- Thoroughly go through the information displayed regarding the income limits and verification process, select your country of residence and accurately answer the questions related to your income and hit “Next”.
To create an account:
It is advised that you must create an account before starting with the application. Since with an account you can save your application and finish it later, check the status and after you submit it you can also upload any documents required.
- Check on “create an account” option and hit “Next”. Then enter your first name, last name, user ID, password, secret question, and answer to a secret question. Finally, click on ‘Create Account’ button.
- When you have finished creating an account, log in and read the information and click on ‘Next’. Choose the benefits you would like to apply for and click on ‘Next’ again. Read the information about benefits and complete the whole process.
To check the status of their applications:
- Click on image under Application Status Check
- Enter your user ID and password to log in with your account. Then the status of your COMPASS application will be listed on your screen.
Kindly note: Applications that are‘Incomplete’ status will be deleted after 30 days and you will have to start a new application.