The Best It Asset Management Software – Best Digital Asset Management Software 2020
IT department manages different varieties of assets both in the physical and software field. The truth is that they are plenty of kinds of assets a company might need to track. We will look into ten asset management providers to help you pick the best for your organization.
What is Asset Management?
IT asset Management involves tracking of computers and currently, it involves tracking a wide variety of mobile devices, notebooks, tablets and phones of the company which must have been set out in the field of being operated by employees.
Fortunately, IT has to also track virtual assets more of software licenses and this has made it become subscription-oriented task because IT administrators need to know which cloud service subscriptions active, inactive, or in some other suspended state. Furthermore, IT is not just the only department that needs to track its capital assets.
However, the first thing to consider when narrowing down your asset Management application options is figuring out exactly which assets you need to track.
For instance, if you are you really want to track across real estate, and then it does not just only end on each individual property organization but as an umbrella holding company. You then have to think specifically about the assets that cost your company money and of course, you should cost for those you know that will depreciate with time.
What are you tracking?
Do you prefer to be in the real-time status of your servers, cloud environments, or websites to physically track of your assets? Assuming the current networked status is more important than geo-locating a physical device, then you should go for MMSoft Pulseway (one of the asset management providers) in spite of the fact that the cost is high.
What if the employee’s ability to remote into network devices from anywhere is considered as a relief, then the reliability will be there and it will gain happiness and this could make the price higher. But as the support from the staff is relevant then the cost will be irrelevant when you factor in possible loss of productivity.
This can only be made easy to use when those setting up the tools are good in terms of technical capability.
Back to the best IT Asset Management Software.
1. ManageEngine AssetExplorer.
Now we will look at the advantages and disadvantages of this Asset Management software.
- It is cloud-hosted and browser-based.
- It runs a VM-based asset support
- It also tracks networked and non-networked assets.
- It deals with a Familiar Windows-style user interface.
- Also, relationship Mapping.
- Limited to mobile application
- It has a limited remote control tool which means that it works for Mac and Windows-based Machines.
- One module of a larger system may not be able to be enough for smaller offices.
2. MMSoft Pulseway:
what exactly do you know about Pulsway?
- It supports Two-Factor authentication (2FA).
- It is more of a modern user experience.
- It is powerful with the easy-to-use mobile client.
- With your iPad, you will be able to access the full feature set.
- It can be easily connected to the cloud and locally deployed infrastructure (physical and virtual).
- SNMP support is difficult to configure.
- It has limited reporting capabilities.
- All of the Assets managed must be networked.
- It only supports the Microsoft SOL server for database monitoring.
3. Asset Panda:
- It supports Android and iOS applications with Barcode scanning.
- It supports images, Videos, Voice recordings, and custom fields.
- It cost of the annual price is low.
- It has a customizable CVS import and also field mapping.
- It does not support network discovery.
- No remote access to machines
- It is slow in importing large data sets.
- There is no offline mode in the mobile app.
- It is easy to use
- You can get the services at an affordable price
- Tracks any asset down to non-networked assets.
- There is no software usage tracking or automated detection of assets.
- There is no inner device visibility.
- No uptime monitoring or notification.
5. Ivanti IT Asset Management Suite
- It takes care of software licensing
- There many tech support options.
- Makes use of an Easy-to-use interface for those familiar with windows.
- The Setup process is hardware-heavy.
- It is 24/7 phone support only on some plans.
- It supports a lengthy installation process.
- There is no cloud-hosted option.