There are many ways you could change your default browser in Windows 10, 7 and 8 with chrome, internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and many more. You will get to see how you can activate browsers of your choice as a default all by yourself.
How to Set your Default Browser
How to Set Chrome as your Default Browser in Windows 10, 8, and 7
For you to make Chrome your default browser, you ought to download and install the chrome app in your device. In case you don’t have it in your PC, follow up the below guideline for directions.
For Windows 10 users
- Open up your computer and locate the “Start” menu.
- Click on the “Settings” button. Move to your default apps
- Click on “system” now select “Default apps” tab. For creators update, click on “apps” and select the “default apps” tab.
- Scroll down, locate and select your current browser.
- Now click on “Google Chrome” from the app list page.
- If you need a shortcut to access the chrome, you can add a shortcut for easy access by adding it to the taskbar.
For Windows 8 & 7
- Move down to the start button and click on it.
- Click on the “control panel” tab.
- Pick “programs”
- Now select on the “Default programs” widget.
- Select to set your default programs and then navigate left of the screen and select “Google Chrome”.
- Now make chrome the default program by click on “set this program as default’.
Make Chrome Default Browser on your Android, iPhone & iPad
Even right in your mobile devices, you can still set chrome as your default browser. Below are guidelines on how to make chrome a default browser in your mobile devices.
For Android Phone
- Slide to your phone setting
- Click on “App & notifications” tab.
- Click on the “Advanced” tab.
- Choose the browser app you want to use as a default browser from the “Default apps” tab.
For your iPhone & iPad Device
You can only add chrome to your dock but not as a default browser. So to do that;
- Press hold the dock widgets to free up space
- Drag the app and release the app on the home screen.
- Hold on the “chrome app” down and free it on your dock and finally click the home button.
How to set Opera as your default browser
- Open the browsers windows
- Tap on the “opera menu” button.
- Click on settings for more review
- Locate the default browser settings and select “make opera default”. Then it will automatically turn on.
Make MaxthonCloud your Default Browser
- Hit on “Maxthon Menu” identified with three lines at the top of the screen
- Click on the “Settings” tab and select the “Maxthon browser as default browser” from the list.
How to make Mozilla Firefox your Default Browser
- Launch the Firefox browser.
- Click on the menu of Firefox within the top zone of the page.
- Select from the pop up list the “options” link.
- Tap on the “General” tab and click on the “make default” tab.