There are many ways you could change your default browser in Windows 10, 7, and 8 with chrome, internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and many more. You will get to see how you can activate browsers of your choice as a default all by yourself.
How to Set your Default Browser
How to Set Chrome as your Default Browser in Windows 10, 8, and 7
For Windows 10 users
- Open up your computer and locate the “Start” menu.
- Click on the “Settings” button. Move to your default apps
- Click on “system” now select the “Default apps” tab. For creators update, click on “apps” and select the “default apps” tab.
- Scroll down, locate, and select your current browser.
- Now click on “Google Chrome” from the app list page.
- If you need a shortcut to access chrome, you can add a shortcut for easy access by adding it to the taskbar.
For Windows 8 & 7
- Move down to the start button and click on it.
- Click on the “control panel” tab.
- Pick “programs”
- Now select the “Default programs” widget.
- Select to set your default programs and then navigate left of the screen and select “Google Chrome”.
- Now make chrome the default program by click on “set this program as default’.
Make Chrome Default Browser on your Android, iPhone & iPad
Even right in your mobile devices, you can still set chrome as your default browser. Below are guidelines on how to make chrome a default browser on your mobile devices.
For Android Phone
- Slide to your phone setting
- Click on “App & notifications” tab.
- Click on the “Advanced” tab.
- Choose the browser app you want to use as a default browser from the “Default apps” tab.
For your iPhone & iPad Device
You can only add chrome to your dock but not as a default browser. So to do that;
- Press hold the dock widgets to free up space
- Drag the app and release the app on the home screen.
- Hold on the “chrome app” down and free it on your dock and finally click the home button.
How to set Opera as your default browser
- Open the browsers windows
- Tap on the “opera menu” button.
- Click on settings for more review
- Locate the default browser settings and select “make opera default”. Then it will automatically turn on.
Make MaxthonCloud your Default Browser
- Hit on “Maxthon Menu” identified with three lines at the top of the screen
- Click on the “Settings” tab and select the “Maxthon browser as default browser” from the list.
How to make Mozilla Firefox your Default Browser
- Launch the Firefox browser.
- Click on the menu of Firefox within the top zone of the page.
- Select from the pop up list the “options” link.
- Tap on the “General” tab and click on the “make default” tab.