ACTIVATE YOUTUBE SLASH TO STREAM MORE VIDEOS
You can watch more videos on YouTube using devices other than your desktop or PC. YouTube Slash makes this possible. On YouTube you find all genres of movies, some are free while some come with a price.
Be it short movies, trailers, funny videos and even full movies, all can be watched freely on YouTube. Adding YouTube Slash makes it much more interesting as you get to watch YouTube on other devices such as your game console, smart TV, streaming-media box, or cable/satellite set-top box.
What’s more? You can also convert your device as a remote and watch your videos on your TV screen. And all you need is a Google account and you are set to sign in at YouTube.
The requirements are very simple:
- Make sure you own a Google Account
- You must have downloaded the YouTube App on your device from the link www.youtube.com/yt/devices.
GUIDELINES TO SIGN IN AT YOUTUBE APP
This guide will get you through the sign-in steps for YouTube Slash:
- Once you have downloaded YouTube Slash, launch the app on your device, go to the sign-in page and stay on this page
- Once you have launched the app, visit the URL www.youtube.com/activate in your web browser
- Google Account sign-in page will open. Enter your username and click Next then enter your password and hit Sign In. In case you have more than one account at Google, select the one you use with YouTube.
- Once you have signed in, an activation code will appear on your YouTube Slash app that you have launched in your device. Note that activation code and enter it in the text box on your browser and hit “Continue”. You will now have a chance to accept or deny the request.
- Once you have completed this process, you will see a confirmation screen pop up in your YouTube Slash app.
You have now successfully signed in to your YouTube and watch videos on your device.
If you face any problems in successfully signing in with a channel that you have linked with Google, then your device cannot support channel management. Hence, you must adjust YouTube advanced account settings and use the most recent version of your YouTube Slash app. Or you can sign out and sign in again to successfully use the app.