The Texas Department of Public Safety Driver Responsibility Surcharge Program is an online portal operated to enable Texas residents to check their current surcharge accounts as well as make payments online.
It is easy to use the website and any payments processed on the site need 24 –48 hours to process while your driver history takes up to 5 days to be updated.
The Texas Department of Public Safety is a department of the government of the state of Texas and is responsible for statewide law enforcement and vehicle regulation. texas department of Public Safety is headquartered in Austin, Texas, United States and has operation jurisdiction in Texas, USA and is by nature civilian police and has as it’s core service Courtesy, Service, Protection.
www.txsurchargeonline.com Payment Details
This website (TexasSurchargeonline) is operated as a free service to customers so they don’t incur any fees while using the site.
Here are a few things you need to get handy before you get started with the website;
- A Current Texas driver’s license or ID card number.
- You’ll need a Reference number from the Surcharge notice letter.
- Valid credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express)
- A valid checking, savings, or money market account.
Once you have the above-mentioned details, below are the steps you have to follow;
- Start by tapping “Online Services” at the top of the page.
- Follow up the first step by keying in the Texas Driver License or ID card number. (or Department of Public Safety Assigned Number)
- Next, Date of birth (MM/DD/YYY)
- Your last name only (The same way it is listed on your current driver license, I.D. card or Surcharge notice letter)
- Zipcode – five-digit.
- Then tap the white login button.
- You can make cash payments at any HEB, Walmart, or Kroger location nationwide OR
- Goto txsurchargeonline.com/onlineservices.aspx
- Then key in the same details as mentioned above.
TXSurchargeonline.com. Customer Service Contact
For customers who have questions about the use of this website can follow the instructions and details below for assistance:
- Call Municipal Services Bureau at 1-800-688-6882
- Program Specialists are available Monday –Thursday 8 am – 9 pm and Friday 8 am – 6 pm, Saturday 8 am – 12 pm.
When calling, there is an automated system that is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to obtain account details or make payments using a credit card, debit card, checking, savings or money market account.
Customers can use the contact form to send correspondence through email.
Tap the contact link at the top of the homepage and fill out the following information;
- First name
- Last name
- Drivers license or ID card number
- Surcharge reference number
- Email address
- Daytime phone number
- Key in your message
- Tap at the submit button.
Normally, the actual cell center is closed during these holidays;
New Year’s Day January 1
Memorial Day Last Monday in May
Independence Day July 4
Labor Day (First Monday in September)
Thanksgiving Day (Fourth Thursday in November)
Christmas Day (December 25).