The Texas Department of Public Safety Driver Responsibility Surcharge Program is an online portal. This portal is operated to enable Texas residents to check their current surcharge accounts as well as make payments online.
It is easy to use the website and any payments processed on the site need 24 –48 hours. Users can use to process while your driver’s history takes up to 5 days to be updated. This is just to endure that you are having the right details. Yes! Txsurchargeonline is your place to get it all done.
The Texas Department of Public Safety is a department of the government of the state of Texas. They are in for statewide law enforcement and vehicle regulation. Texas Department of Public Safety has its head office in Austin, Texas, United States. In the same vein, its operation covers onlyTexas, USA. Also, it is by nature civilian police and has as its core service Courtesy, Service, Protection.
www.txsurchargeonline.com Payment Details
This website (TexasSurge) is operated as a free service to customers so they don’t incur any fees while using the site.
Here are a few things you need to get handy before you get started with the website;
- A Current Texas driver’s license or ID card number.
- You’ll need a Reference number from the Surcharge notice letter.
- Valid credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express)
- A valid checking, savings, or money market account.
Once you have the above-mentioned details, below are the steps you have to follow;
- Start by tapping “Online Services” at the top of the page.
- Follow up the first step by keying in the Texas Driver License or ID card number. (or Department of Public Safety Assigned Number)
- Next, the Date of birth (MM/DD/YYY)
- Your last name only (The same way it is listed on your current driver license, I.D. card or Surcharge notice letter)
- Zipcode – five-digit.
- Then tap the white login button.
- You can make cash payments at any HEB, Walmart, or Kroger location nationwide OR
- Go to the Payment page,
- Then key in the same details as mentioned above.
TXSurchargeonline.com. Customer Service Contact
For customers who have questions about the use of this website can follow the steps and details below for assistance:
- Call Municipal Services Bureau at 1-800-688-6882
- Program Specialists Monday –Thursday 8 am – 9 pm and Friday 8 am – 6 pm, Saturday 8 am – 12 pm.
When calling, there is an automated system that is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to obtain account details or make payments using a credit card, debit card, checking, savings or money market account.
Customers can use the contact form to send a report through email.
Tap the contact link at the top of the homepage and fill out the following details;
- Firstly, the First name
- Last name
- Drivers license or ID card number
- Surcharge reference number
- Email address
- Also, the Daytime phone number
- Key in your message
- Lastly, Tap on the submit button.
TXSurchargeOnline Dates Closed
In the same vein, the actual cell center is closed during these holidays;
New Year’s Day January 1
Memorial Day Last Monday in May
Independence Day July 4
Labor Day (First Monday in September)
Thanksgiving Day (Fourth Thursday in November)
Christmas Day (December 25).