There are several factors that can lead to windows 10 Ethernet issues. Thus, Ethernet issues cannot be related to a singular factor. Read carefully for more details to enable detect the cause of Ethernet issues. Let’s look at some factors that cause Ethernet issues.
Common factors that cause Windows 10 Ethernet Drivers Issues
- Cable issues
- Damaged network
- Operating system problem
- Failing hardware
- Outdated Ethernet driver
- Windows 10 Ethernet Drivers Issues
How to Fix Ethernet Problems on Windows 10
Once you have discovered your windows 10 Ethernet is having issues simply follow the following troubleshooting steps to help fix your Ethernet problem.
Try to reset your network:
- Go to your settings
- Click on the “Network & internet connection” button.
- Move to “status”
- Navigate down and click on “Network reset”
- Click on reset now and finalize by clicking in yes. Afterward, wait for the system to restart so that you can check if the issue is resolved.
Check for Virus to Resolve Windows 10 Ethernet Drivers Issues:
If the virus is present in the system, it also hinders network connections on windows. Thus you have to get anti-virus software to run a scan on your PC. You can use your windows defender to do that.
- Click on the start button
- Point to all apps.
- Open the windows system icon
- Select the “windows defender” tab.
- Move to scan option and click on “FULL”. Afterward, you click on “scan now. Allow it for a while to complete the scan.
Try inbuilt Network Troubleshooter:
Usually, windows are built with a troubleshooting tool that helps to locate and fix most network issues
- Search for “Network Troubleshooter” and select the corresponding results.
- Let it run for some time so that it can scan for the problem of the Ethernet issues
- Click on the found issues. Click on “Try these repairs as an administrator” approve the request
Reset Your Network:
- Go to settings
- Click on the “network and internet” option.
- Scroll down, locate and click on “Network reset”
- Now click on reset now and then approve the task by clicking on Yes. You can wait for the system to restart. Afterward, you can check the status of the Ethernet connection to see if the problem is resolved.
Check if Connection is enabled:
You might notice that the adapter is not enabled which will lead to the problem of an Ethernet connection. Check out for the below guidelines,
- Right on the start bar
- Move on to select “network connection”
- This is a list of all connections
- Check if your connection is turned on. If not you should right-click on it to enable it.
Update Network Card driver to fix Windows 10 Ethernet Issues:
Your Ethernet connection problem can be resolved by upgrading your network card driver to date. When matters like this rise, I recommend you download and install “Driver Easy”. When you are able to install it, allow it to recognize your PC and also find the appropriate drivers that match it.