If you are experiencing pain around your teeth, it may necessitate you to go for a root canal, and you may ask, what is the average cost of a root canal in the United States?
What is a Root Canal?
It is a common procedure, for treating a damaged or infected tooth. A root canal is required when the root of a tooth or the tissue inside that can’t be seen, gets infected and causes you great pain.
The process involves a dentist making an opening to get to the tissue and removing any damaged area found. Thereafter, the inside of the tooth is cleaned out and filled back in with a crown to stop any more infection from entering the root.
Average Cost of a Root Canal in the United States
The average cost of a root canal in the United States without insurance should be around $1,000. It is difficult to actually estimate the cost without the specifics of the situation at hand, but you can still make do with this information.
Factors that Determine the Average Cost of a Root Canal in the United States
- Your choice of specialist or dentist.
- Consultation and X-ray fees.
- Anesthesia and medication to prevent or treat infections.
- Root Canal location, implying that front teeth are less expensive than back teeth because of the number of roots or canals.
- The extent of the damage.
Be it as it may, the FAIR Health, a non-profit organization states that the reasonable cost for a root canal is as follows:
- Front tooth – $762
- Bicuspid – $879
- Molar – $1,111.
How Much Does a Root Canal Cost? (With & Without Insurance)
https://www.newmouth.com › blog › root-canal-withou…
The average cost of a root canal without insurance ranges from: Front tooth — $700 to $1,100; Bicuspid (mid-mouth) — $800 to $1,200; Molar — …
Root Canal Cost near Villa Park, IL – Handcrafted Smiles
https://www.handcraftedsmilesvp.com › how-much-doe…
Root Canal costs include an Exam, X-ray, Local anesthesia. Average treatment cost ranges from $600 to $1400 depending on the location of the tooth.
How Much Does a Root Canal and Crown Cost? – San Diego
https://salamidds.com › how-much-does-a-root-canal-a…
The average cost of a root canal in the United States ranges from about $700 to $1500. The average cost of a crown ranges from $800 to $3000.
How Much Does a Root Canal Cost? – Costhelper Health
https://health.costhelper.com › root-canal
On a front tooth, root canal treatment can cost $300-$1,500 or more but typically is about $900-$1,100 depending on complexity and whether the work is done
How To Save Money On Root Canal Cost
Here are a few tips on how you can save money on root canal cost:
- Take advantage of a dental discount plan on Groupon or other social shopping sites.
- Check to see if you have a discount by paying in cash or one payment.
- Search out an organization in your state that can help with the dental costs
- Check and compare prices with different dentists or endodontists
- Negotiate the cost. You can even ask for a discount for paying your entire bill in cash.
- Search for dental schools or endodontic schools to carry out the procedure. Dental schools are always looking for people which their students to practice on, don’t be scared, they are not letting just anyone do a root canal.
Does Insurance Cover Your Root Canal
About 64% of Americans have dental insurance, according to the National Association of Dental Plans. If you fall under this category, you may be asking how much is my insurance going to cover?
To answer this question, we will say it depends on your policy. Normally dental insurance covers 100% of routine costs, but only about half of what you will owe for major procedures like a root canal.
Note, there might be a waiting period on your insurance, which implies that you have to carry the policy for a certain amount of time before you are eligible to get more extensive and expensive procedures like a root canal. Don’t be tempted to wait until you get full coverage as that will not be a wise decision to make.
Root Canal Pain
Without the right anesthesia, root canal pain can be enormous. But most doctors will prefer to use the right anesthesia to help calm the pain to almost zero levels.