The Social Security application process can be lengthy and cumbersome. You have to be coming to the office each time to check the status of your application. In order to relieve users of this stress and to save time, Social Security Admin has updated its online services through which you can check on the status of your application.
Through this online Social Security service, you not only get to check the status of your application or appeal that has been made online but also for those that have been made through a Social Security employee. All these services are provided online for your convenience.
The following steps listed below will provide you a detailed guide as to how to go about accessing the Social Security services online through your account.
SOCIAL SECURITY LOGIN PROCEDURE
The Social Security login process is fairly simple and can be carried out in a few, short and simple steps. The steps below will help you go about it.
- Launch your web browser and access the following URL: https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/
- The URL will lead you to the official Social Security Admin page
- On the homepage, click on the green button that says “Sign In or Create an Account”
- You will be directed to a login page. Under the heading “Existing Users”, enter your Username and Password in the fields provided.
- Click “Sign In” to proceed after you have filled in your login credentials.
SOCIAL SECURITY USERNAME RECOVERY PROCEDURE
If you are unable to remember your username, follow the steps listed below in order to retrieve it:
- Click on the “Forgot Username” option next to the username field.
- Clicking on the option will lead you to a page where you will be asked to provide your email address. You will also provide your SSN (Social Security Number) and your date of birth.
- Enter all the required data in the fields provided and click “Next” to proceed
- Follow the remaining steps as you’re prompted, to complete your username recovery.
SOCIAL SECURITY PASSWORD RECOVERY PROCEDURE
- In case you have forgotten your password, you can easily recover it by following the steps listed below:
- Click on the “Forgot Password” option next to the password field. Yes in front.
- In the next step, you will be asked to provide and verify some details such as your email address, your Social Security Number, and your date of birth.
- In the next step, you will be asked to answer a few questions
- Follow all the required steps, as prompted, in order to reset your password.
I hope it was helpful? Share with Friends. Thanks for your time.