Through www.irsstimulus.com the IRS is paying individuals and their family members as part of the CARES ACT, to help them cope through this crisis. Rather than cut an individual check to each eligible person which could take weeks to process, in order to speed up the process, a website has been designed, which will allow users to have their checks directly deposited in their accounts.
https://www.irs.gov › newsroom › get-a-federal-tax-ref…
By using direct deposit, a taxpayer can split their refund into up to three financial accounts, including a bank or Individual Retirement …
https://www.irs.gov › refunds › direct-deposit-limits
Beginning in January 2015, IRS will limit the number of refunds electronically deposited into a single financial account to three deposits.
https://www.irs.gov › newsroom › choose-direct-deposi…
The fastest way to get your tax refund is to file your return electronically and have your refund deposited directly into your bank account.
https://www.irs.gov › faqs › irs-procedures › refund-in…
In this case, the IRS will send you a paper check for the entire refund instead of a direct deposit. You incorrectly enter an account or …
https://www.irs.gov › newsroom › irs-families-receiving…
People who need to update their bank account information should … Direct deposit removes the time, worry and expense of cashing a check.
IRS Stimulus Relief Check Portal
This is a website that has been designed by the Internal Revenue Service. The site offers the following:
- Helps you get your payment status
- See your payment type
- Provides your bank account information (in certain limited cases). You can also visit irsstimulus.com for more information.
In case you do not want to wait for weeks in order to receive your IRS Stimulus check in the mail, it is advised, that you visit the portal and submit your direct deposit information, to have your payment electronically deposited into your account.
- Click on the blue ‘Get My Payment’ button.
- On the next page, tap on ‘OK’ for authorized use.
You will be prompted for the following details:
- Social security number or individual tax ID
- Date of birth
- Street address
- 2018/2019 Tax return information (Make sure you have the returns handy)
- Bank routing number
- Bank checking account number
In case you need helping to find your bank routing number or bank account number, it is suggested, that you visit your bank’s website. This is because they typically have their routing number displayed on their website.
To check your personal bank check, go to the bottom of each personal check, you will find the information there.
Once you have successfully followed the information mentioned above at www.irsstimulus.com, and you have entered it in the web portal, you should receive information as regards the status of your payment. In a situation where the IRS already has your direct deposit information on file, you will be notified of where it is in the process.
In case your direct deposit information does not show, but you are qualified for a check, you can key in your bank’s account’s routing number as well as account number, in order for the government to send your check to your bank account.
IRS Stimulus Relief Check Portal Error Messages
Ever since the IRS Stimulus Relief Check Portal was birthed, the complaint on ground is that so many people have experienced problems, and are receiving error messages. Some of these error messages, include ‘please try again later’ or ‘status unknown’.
Reasons Why You May be Receiving Error Messages
There are reasons why you may be receiving error messages, and we are here to help you know these reasons:
- Firstly, if you entered incorrect information /typo’s/misspellings
- If you normally use tax software like Turbo Tax, H&R Block, or any others your direct deposit information may not be on file.
- If you have not filed a 2018 or 2019 tax return.
- When 2019 return has not been processed yet
- When you don’t usually file a return and your information is not in the system
- If you are not eligible to receive a stimulus check
- When you didn’t answer security questions right
- If you have been temporarily locked out of the ‘Get My Payment’ tool
- In case your bank is struggling to keep up with demand from people checking their accounts.
If you are experiencing any issues, the IRS only updates information once per day, so we will advise that you try again later on in the day or keep checking at the same time each day to get the information you need.