What if I told you that without prior experience in interior decoration, that you can design your rooms by yourself to suit your taste? And you can do so online? Funny right? But it is possible. You can actually put that plan in your head into a picture that your builder can work with. The Armstrong Flooring Company makes that possible through their interactive room designer website. You can use the design tool to visualize different floorings, paint colors, and trims for any room in your home that you are thinking about remodeling. Design a Room offers stock room photos or you can upload a photo of a room in your home to work with.
Planyourroom.com is a wonderful website to redesign each room in your house by picking out perfect furniture options to fit your unique space
https://roomstyler.com › 3dplanner
Welcome to room styler 3D home planner. Design your home. Start from scratch; Upload your floor plan. Have a quick try. Start with our room wizard.
Virtual Room Designer – Design Your Room in 3D – Living …
https://www.livingspaces.com › inspiration › 3d-room-…
This program generates a 3D image of your room creations in under 5 minutes. See how our pieces will look in your home with the easy-to-use room designer tool.
https://www.mybobs.com › room-designer
Bring your home decor vision to life with my 3D room planner! This virtual room designer allows you to design a room online for free by building out any …
The 10 Best Apps For Planning a Room Layout and Design
https://www.apartmenttherapy.com › the-7-best-apps-fo…
Lucky for us, we now have access to user-friendly apps to help create floor plans and virtually design our rooms.
Stock Room Types and Style:
The stock room types are available in five styles: casual, contemporary, country, eclectic and traditional.
The stock room types are:
- Living Room
- Dining Room
After you select a room type and style from the options on the website, you can apply flooring, paint colors, and trim colors to visualize how they would look in your home.
How to Virtually Design a Stock Room
Flooring: Click the Floor tab at the top of the design panel located at the right of the photo. Select a flooring category from the drop-down menu at the right side of the room photo. Choices are:
- Luxury Vinyl Tile
- Vinyl Sheet
- Vinyl Tile
Depending on your specific choice, the swatch samples change to show all your options. Most selections have more than 100 swatches to select from. You can further change the swatch panel by selecting a Color, Look and Specification from the drop-down menus supplied for that purpose. Click on any swatch to see it in the room photo. If you want, you can rotate the direction of the flooring by clicking the Rotate Floor button under the photo.
Paint: Click the Paint tab at the top of the design panel. Click on any of the hundreds of paint swatches to see how it looks in the room with your chosen flooring.
Trim Stain: Click the Stain tab at the top of the design panel. If your room includes trim work, tap one of the hundreds of colors of stain available.
Note: Not every room offers trim stain options.
If you’re satisfied with your selections, you can save the design to the site or share it on social media. If you decide to proceed with your remodeling project, you can identify each of the flooring options, paint colors, or trims directly on the design panel, so no guesswork is necessary. You can even enter your zip code to find a store near you that carries the products.
Working With an Uploaded Photo
- Firstly, if you prefer to work with a photo of one of your own rooms, you can do that. Select a photo that doesn’t have a lot of objects in it and that shows both the floor and the walls.
- Secondly, drag your photo to the area provided and give your project a name. Click Start Project.
- Thirdly, crop the photo to a square shape using the tool provided. Rotate the image if needed. Click Crop & Continue.
- Fourthly, click the Fill In brush tool to paint over the entire floor area. You can also use the Outline and Erase tools to modify your selection. Click Save & Continue.
- At this point, the same design panel that appears next to stock photos appears next to your photo. Click the Floor tab at the top of the design panel and make your selection for the room.
- Next, indicate the paint area using the same tools you used to indicate the floor area. When the design panel appears, click one of the paint swatches in the Paint tab.
- Repeat the process for the Stain area, if applicable.
- Lastly, save your design or share it on social media.
Neatness counts when you are identifying the areas for the flooring, paint, and trim on the photo. Taking your time to do a neat job will give you better-looking results.