DELETING PHOTOS FROM FACEBOOK. Facebook allows you to hide images without removing them as well as the ability to permanently delete any of your uploaded images or the entire album.
DELETING PHOTOS FROM FACEBOOK PROFILE PICTURE
The profile picture is the image that appears at the top of your profile page and as a small icon next to your messages, likes, comments, and status updates. Deleting profile picture entails:
- Firstly, go to your profile page on Facebook and click on your profile image
- Secondly, select View Profile Picture
- Thirdly, click the three-dot menu next to your name
- Select Delete Photo
DELETING COVER PHOTO
Cover Photo is the large horizontal banner image you can display on the top of your profile page. Your profile picture is inset into the center or bottom left of the cover photo. In deleting this, we:
- Firstly, click your cover photo on your profile page
- Click the three dots on your profile page
- Lastly, select Delete Photo
If you only intend to change your cover photo, go to your profile page and click cover photo. Select Photo to pick an image already on your account. If you want to upload a picture from your computer or phone, select Upload Photo.
DELETING PHOTO ALBUMS
Albums are collections of photos accessible from a person’s profile page. Others can browse them on visiting your page, provided the photos have not been set to private. To delete photo albums we:
- Firstly, select Photos on your profile page
- Click the Albums tab and select the album you want to delete
- Thirdly, click the three horizontal dots next to the Grid view and Feed View buttons
- Choose Delete Album
- Lastly, confirm by pressing Delete Album again
Albums created by Facebook can’t be deleted, such as the Mobile Upload Albums. However individual pictures inside those albums can be deleted. This is done by simply opening the picture to full size, clicking the three dots menu next to the date, and then choose Delete Photos.
If you have uploaded photos to Facebook, you can change the photo privacy settings by album or by individual photo. To edit the privacy setting for an album of photos, we:
- Firstly, go to your profile and select photos
- Secondly, select Albums
- Select the album you want to change privacy settings for
- Choose Edit
- Finally, use the audience selector to set the privacy setting for the album
Some albums have audience selectors on each photo which allows you to select a specific audience for each photo.