Reverse Image Search is designed by Google, to help you quickly discover visually similar photos from around the web. All that is required is that you upload a photograph from your desktop to Google Images and it will show you related images used on other websites as well as different sizes of the same photo almost immediately.
Unique Benefits of Reverse Image Search
It helps users quickly discover visually similar images from around the web.
Shows related images used on other websites as well as different sizes of the same photo almost instantly, when a photograph from your desktop, is uploaded to Google Images.
For journalists, the reverse search option can be used to find the original source of an image or to know the approximate date.
Tinder and Facebook users do utilize Search by Image to research profile pictures of their potential dates, travelers use it to find the location of photos while matrimonial sites on the other hand use reverse search to detect fake uploads.
It gives you privacy by hosting all your uploaded images anonymously on the Google Cloud which cannot be discovered by other users.
All photos, get automatically deleted from cloud storage within few hours of uploading.
What Unique Features Apply?
Search by the engine: This feature is used by users to track other websites that are using their photographs without permission.
Search by image: The search by image feature is only available for desktop computers and not on mobile devices and tablets.
Reverse photos: With Reverse Photos search tool, you can perform reverse image searches on mobile phones in a few easy steps.
Using Reverse Image Search – How to Use Reverse Image Search
Here is how you can use Reverse Image Search for your own benefit.
How to Find Related Images with Reverse Image Search
A picture can be used, to look for related images from the web. When you do this, this is what you will find;
- You will find similar images.
- The websites housing these images.
- Other sizes of the picture you used in searching.
How to Search with a Picture
- If you are using an Android phone or tablet, simply go to images.google.com.
- Key in a description of the picture you intend to find.
- Click on the “Search icon.
- Click on the picture you want to search with.
- Click and hold the picture you want to search with.
- Finally, tap and hold the picture. Click Search Google for this image.
How Does Google Use the Picture you Search With?
Google does this, by storing the pictures you upload in your search for 7 days. Note, they won’t be a part of your search history, and Google will only use them during that time to make it’s products and services better.
How to Search a Picture with Google Lens
- Through your Android or tablet device, open the Google app.
- At the rear, click “Updates”.
- At the bottom left, click Google Lens.
- Next, you can either
Take a photo, using your camera to point at an object and click on ‘Search’.
Upload an existing photo, by tapping Gallery at the top left. Then select a photo from your album.
- Click a white dot, if available, or use your finger or stylus to circle part of the image.