Instead of installing several software programs in your system, PC Tools provides an Alternate Operating System Suite that contains a Free Bootable Antivirus Scanner, a File Recovery, and a Data Destruction Program. These tools are very essential and this program made it all available in one.
Alternate Operating System Scanner Pros & Cons
- Graphical user interface
- Easy to work with
- No custom settings (scans are easy to start)
- Includes other useful free tools
How To Install Alternate Operating System Scanner
- Download the ISO image from the download page to get started. The program file will be called AOSS.iso once it’s been added to your computer.
- Next, you must burn the Alternate Operating System Scanner program to a disc.
- Once you’ve successfully burned the program to a disc, you must boot to it before Windows starts up.
Review – Alternate Operating System Scanner (AOSS)
You can start a virus scan in just a few moments after booting into AOSS since there are no scan options or other custom settings. On that note, if you’re looking for a program that lets you perform particular scans like checking certain folders only, you won’t find it with AOSS.
The program is really easy to use unlike some other bootable antivirus programs, AOSS lets you use your mouse to control the menus.
Also from the main menu are some additional tools, such as a system shell and file manager that lets you compress, remove, and copy data.